About us & About the role
Hillingdon is London's second-largest borough. Our staff live across Hillingdon and beyond, with our main council offices at the Civic Centre in the heart of the vibrant Uxbridge town centre. Our borough offers fantastic transport links with the A40, M25, the Metropolitan, Elizabeth and Piccadilly lines all local to us, so you can travel to work with ease, with free parking within our own car park. We also offer a hybrid working arrangements, with time balanced between the office and home.
Putting our residents first is at the heart of everything we do, and we are embarking on an ambitious plan to modernise our service offering while sustaining high-quality delivery. Our employees will play a pivotal role in supporting Hillingdon Council as we strive to deliver our core functions and achieve positive outcomes via a collaborative network.
We are looking for a Technical Support Officer or a Senior Technical Support Officer to support our government-led Homes for Ukraine Scheme with administrative and data management tasks. This is a fixed term role up to 31 March 2023, with the possibility of extending subject to Government funding.
You will support Housing, Social care, HR and our Performance team along with other internal departments to ensure this project remains a success.
Main aspects of the role
You will manage the delivery of complex technical and core administrative support to teams, meeting performance targets and embedding a culture of "Putting our residents first" where continuous service improvement is maintained.
The main aspects of the role are:
- Delivering complex, routine, and emergency tasks against the technical administrative standards
- Maintain an understanding of the operational workflow processes and linkage with the technical administrative support services
- Ability to learn complex and specialised administrative tasks in a short space of time to meet changing service requirements including changes to legislation that would impact on the service
- To provide comprehensive and high quality technical administrative support to individual, and at times, various services, across the Council
- At a senior level, this will also include:
- Day to day support and professional Line management of team
- Producing reports, analysis and statistical information as required
- Ensure compliance within new and existing processes and procedures.
- To deal with a wide range of enquiries with minimal supervision.
- Dealing with internal and external, customers, residents and members of the public, elected members, corporate management teams, heads of service, senior managers, staff across the council and other local authorities and outside bodies
- To undertake training of staff, as above and in duties performed.
- To seek improvements to processes and procedures recommending these to management.
You will have strong attention to detail, experience of using Excel and Microsoft Word at an advanced level and the ability to manage high volumes of work effectively and accurately. You will provide daily and weekly updates to the relevant departments and liaise with both Senior Managers and the Department for Levelling up, housing and Communities (DLUHC).
At a senior level, you will also be able to demonstrate and evidence:
- A Positive attitude remaining calm under pressure and able to multitask.
- Able to undertake training and support of staff
- To seek improvements to processes and procedures updating and implementing as required
- To provide administrative and management support within an ever-changing project as needed
We have the opportunity to offer this post as a Technical Support Officer level or a Senior Technical Support Officer level, dependent on experience. You can access both job profiles and person specifications attached.
Technical Support Officer salary range - £27,807 to £29,214 per annum
Senior Technical Support Officer - £30,699 to £31,731 per annum
To apply, please complete the application demonstrating strong examples of how you meet the job requirements and the person specification for the post you would like to apply for.
Please clearly specify in your application whether you are applying for the Technical Support Officer role, or the Senior Technical Support Officer role.
For further information please contact Miriam Perry at
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
Due to an expected high volume of applications, we could close this role early, we therefore recommend you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.