- Employer: London Borough Of Waltham Forest
- Reference: DCEX/22/223651
- Published: Wed 04/01/2023, 6:00 AM
- Closing on: Mon 03/04/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
- Salary: £53,946 - £57,102
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Waltham Forest
More InformationMore about this employer
Business Manager to Neighbourhoods and Environment Directorate
Business Manager PO8
Waltham Forest is an ambitious Borough. Driven by culture and the innate creativity of our residents, we have developed new and innovative ways to build our communities and increase social cohesion. Our ambition is to ensure all of our residents can enjoy a good quality life. This includes working with residents to tackle the inequalities they face. Our Council is relentlessly resident-focused, insight-led, digitally driven and commercially minded; a Council focussed on meeting the needs of our existing and future residents.
To deliver on our ambitious agenda, we have created one brand new and influential roles in the Leadership Office. Working at the heart of the organisation, you will support Strategic Directors to deliver on the priorities of the administration, working closely with senior officers and politicians.
You will provide policy and project management to support decision making and drive the best possible outcomes for residents. You will need to be someone who can develop high quality, well researched communications and recommendations in a dynamic environment. You will take a leadership role within the team and across the directorate, managing a small team that provide high quality administrative support to a Strategic Director and Corporate Directors. You will also have the ability to influence far beyond your direct reports, managing stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to bring your experience, skills and ideas to influence the strategic direction of the Council and make a real difference to people’s lives. The successful applicant will have the following key skills:
- Able to work effectively across multiple teams and navigate a complex stakeholder environment, influencing at all levels of the organisation
- Operate at pace to prioritise work and the work of the team
- Have excellent communications skills and ability to analyse new information quickly to communicate to a range of audiences
- Be politically astute and able to deliver projects in political environments
Experience of working in local government is desirable but not essential, however, candidates will need a sound understanding of the political workings of local government.
For more information about the role, please contact Hannah Futter, Head of Strategic Delivery and Leadership Office (Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Working for Us
We offer a fantastic range of benefits to our employees including
- Flexible and agile working
- Excellent annual leave entitlement and occupational sick pay entitlement
- Attractive family friendly schemes, such as enhanced maternity and adoption leave. We were the first council in the country to offer Premature Baby Leave and Pay
- Fabulous money saving staff benefits scheme
- Childcare Vouchers salary sacrifice scheme
- Cycle to Work salary sacrifice scheme
- Car Salary sacrifice scheme
- Carpool scheme for work use within the borough
- Discounted gym membership
- Local government pension scheme
The Council’s Recruitment and Selection Policy is available to view here.