- Employer: Bracknell Forest Council
- Reference: PPR/23/225067
- Published: Wed 18/01/2023, 16:45 PM
- Closing on: Sun 19/02/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week, Occasional out-of-hours working (such as attendance at planning committee, which occurs once per month).
- Salary: £25,878 - £31,099 Full Time per annum, plus London Weighting of £663 p.a.
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Time Square, Bracknell , Berkshire
Highways & Transport Technician (Development & Adoptions)
Your enthusiasm, ability to learn quickly, and attention to detail can help us to build high quality, accessible places and transport networks where it is easy for people to travel sustainably.
Each day brings new challenges as we consider a wide variety of planning applications and highway agreements, helping to create new spaces that our residents want to spend time in and planning for the future of the Boroughs transport networks.
As you consider the journeys of residents, businesses and visitors to the Borough, we’ll make sure you have the training and support you need to get your own journey off to a flying start.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it’s like working in our team…
Every day is different, with the opportunity to help respond to a wide variety of planning applications and consider highways adoptions and agreements. Working directly with the Senior Development Management Engineer and Development & Adoptions Manager, along with the highway adoptions team, you will see the results of your work, the better places you will help to create and the difference this makes to users of the Borough’s transport networks.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of national and local policy relating to transport and development, and the transport aspects of proposals within the Development Plan.
- Working together with colleagues, help to evaluate planning applications, providing responses on behalf of the Highway Authority identifying transport requirements and mitigation measures.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, predominantly in Highways & Transport and Planning, including through reports, mark-up of technical drawings and verbally, being open and respectful to the views of others.
- Supporting the technical evaluation and processes associated with Section 38 and Section 278 Highways Agreements and street naming and numbering.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Flexible working arrangements.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Working in a small supportive team.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Support and mentoring to gain training and experience to progress your career in highways and transport.
What we’re looking for…
A motivated, enthusiastic, well organised individual who shows attention to detail. Someone who can learn quickly to evaluate planning applications and highways agreements against relevant highways and transport policies and design standards; and communicate well thought-out responses which identify transport requirements and mitigation measures.
Week commencing 27th February 2023
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Senior Development Management Engineer
Tel: 01344 351212
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
No agencies please.