- Employer: Hart District Council
- Reference: HDC/23/225474
- Published: Tue 17/01/2023, 11:26 AM
- Closing on: Fri 10/02/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £25,878 to £28,900
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Hampshire
Assistant Enforcement Officer
Looking for a new challenge? A fantastic opportunity has come up in our enforcement team, sitting within our Development Management Team for either a recent planning graduate or someone who already has some experience in planning enforcement and would like a new role.
Hart District, in rural north east Hampshire, is consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in the UK. The Council works hard to make a positive contribution to the lives of its residents by delivering continuous improvement and innovation in service delivery.
We are looking for an Assistant Enforcement Officer to join our busy and friendly Development Management Team. You will join us at an exciting time. We are undergoing service improvements following a Peer Review looking at turning a Good Service into a Great one.
You will have excellent communication and organisational skills; be self-motivated and able to prioritise work under pressure. As part of a small team you will have the opportunity to engage with an interesting and varied workload. We have recently had two successful injunctions served in the High Court and the whole enforcement team have been involved giving everyone experience and opportunity to input.
You will make a positive contribution to the Council’s core values by being helpful, approachable, responsive and taking ownership of challenges and problems, whilst making customers feel welcome and cared for.
Hart is committed to supporting and developing all their staff and creating a culture that is inclusive, innovative and enjoyable and they support their staff in maintaining a good work life balance. We have just adopted a new Agile Working Policy. Hart offers an excellent package of benefits which include for this post:
- A generous leave entitlement
- Excellent working environment
- Flexible working arrangements and ability to accrue up to 2 days additional leave per month and new Agile Working Policy;
- Commitment to a good work life balance
- Support for continuous professional development
- Payment for one set of Professional fees
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
- Free car parking
This is a permanent position.
Interviews: 20th February