- Employer: Hertfordshire County Council
- Reference: HCC21920
- Published: Mon 30/01/2023, 11:20 AM
- Closing on: Thu 09/02/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £38,296 progressing to £42,503 pa
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Watford , Hertfordshire
More InformationMore about this employer
Job Title: Deputy Manager
Starting Salary: £38,296 with the opportunity to progress to a maximum of £42,503 (pro rata for part-time)
Hours: 37 per week
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
We are looking for a candidate with a positive attitude to embracing change while driving and leading a team to work together in a cohesive manner.
You will also be supporting colleagues to build their practices and confidence in achieving the best outcomes for the young people within a residential setting.
- To deputise in the absence of the home manager and maintain legislation, policies and procedures.
- To supervise staff
- To organise, attend and plan for meetings with key stakeholders
- To manage the home in the absence of the manager.
- To lead and manage on safeguarding concerns.
- To undertake on call responsibilities
As a Deputy Manager you will play a vital role in running the Children’s Home and helping direct the day to day operations.
You will get the opportunity to develop, nurture and embed therapeutic practices into the home to support the young people in our care.
You will have to be organised and demonstrate leadership skill with a passion for delivering outstanding services to children and their families.
We require for you to have at least 6 months experience working either as a Deputy Manager or a senior within a Children’s home.
You will ideally have a Diploma Level 3/4 in Residential Childcare or equivalent and prepared to undertake the Level 5 in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare.
You will also have an in depth understanding of regulatory requirements for children’s homes under Ofsted.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To support the Registered Manager in undertaking the operation and day to day running of a children’s home
- To ensure that the children and young people placed at the home are safe and receive a high standard of therapeutic care.
- To support the team in getting the best outcomes for the children
Closing Date: 9th February 2023
Interview Date: 27th , 28th February 2023 – 10am-2pm
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Cathrine Bucknor at Cathrine.email@example.com or 07813726174