- Employer: Drapers’ Pyrgo Priory School
- Reference: DPPS/23/227205
- Published: Tue 31/01/2023, 11:27 AM
- Closing on: Fri 10/02/2023, 12:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Term Time
- Hours: 34 hours per week, 39 weeks
- Salary: FTE £25,629.00 - Actual salary range Pt 7: min: £20,378.07 max £20,737.15 depending on qualifying local government service Grade 5 Pt 7 (Spine points 7-10)
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Drapers' Pyrgo Priory School, Havering
We are a primary school in Harold Hill, Romford, serving a diverse community. As part of the Drapers' Academy MAT, we have high expectations of our pupils and staff and pride ourselves on our caring, community based ethos and the excellent levels of progress made by our pupils. We have dedicated staff who appreciate the importance of working collaboratively in the best interests of every child in the school. Our most recent OFSTED inspection in January 2018 recognised the school as Good.
The Attendance Officer is responsible for promoting regular school attendance and good punctuality. You will provide a specialist service to assist the school in meeting our obligations and targets in relation to school attendance, persistent absence and punctuality. You will take a supportive role with pupils and their parents or carers where attendance or punctuality issues arise. This will involve regular contact with parents and carers via letter, telephone and in person. You will contribute to raising achievement within the school by improving school attendance. Your role will involve working with a range of other professionals and bodies within the school and outside.
- Ability to use own initiative, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Preferably have experience of working with children, ideally in a school environment.
- Good oral, interpersonal and written skills.
- Experience using IT Software and preferably SIMS.
- Ability to input and/or extract from a computerised database.
- Ability to work in a sensitive environment maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities and safeguarding children.
We can offer:
- Excellent training and CPD opportunities to develop your skills and career.
- A great staff team to work alongside.
- A supportive Multi Academy Trust structure and team of School Governors, who are passionate and committed to everyone at the school.
- Guidance and support from a highly experienced and effective leadership team.
Closing Date: Friday 10th February 2023
Drapers’ Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references. Employees could also be asked to work in any Drapers’ Multi-Academy Trust locations.