- Employer: Brighton & Hove City Council
- Reference: orbis/TP/489/31016
- Published: Fri 17/02/2023, 0:00 AM
- Closing on: Mon 27/03/2023, 0:00 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: Full Time Teacher Hours - 32.4 per week
- Salary: £44,305 - £48,894
- DBS Check: No
- Location: City Academy Whitehawk, Brighton
SENDCo (Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion)
Are you an experienced or aspirant Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Coordinator looking to make a difference? Are you a school leader committed to improving outcomes for all children and developing your own practice?
City Academy Whitehawk is a vibrant two form entry school, proudly serving its East Brighton community. We are a Good school with an Outstanding Early Years (Ofsted 2018). Following the retirement of our highly regarded SENDCo, we are looking for a skilled, committed professional with the resilience and passion to enhance our diverse, dedicated team. Sustaining and enhancing our inclusion provision is a cornerstone of the ‘Highest Expectations For All’ motto that drives our practice.
Start date: 1 September 2023 or sooner if possible
About the role
The successful candidate must be able to work with the skill, resilience and compassion that our busy school environment demands, promoting equity and supporting learning effectively across the whole 3-11 years age range. Our Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion will be supported in maintaining our current provision, continuing to build strong relationships with all stakeholders, and finding child-centred approaches that best support the pupils in our care to make excellent progress.
We offer exceptional facilities for our children to support our SEND provision. We have an SEN nurture class supported by our assistant SENDCo, interventions run by a specialist Speech and Language teacher and teaching assistant and access to a wide range of supportive professionals who hold the school in high esteem. In addition to this we have a strong pastoral team consisting of four inclusion mentors, nurture space, inclusion room, two sensory rooms and a full time Welfare Manager with whom you will work closely.
Our Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion will be appointed on a full-time basis, attending weekly Professional Development Meetings, Senior Leadership Team Meetings and working closely with our Deputy Headteacher and Welfare Manager as part of our High Needs Triad. The successful candidate will lead one of our dynamic learning teams alongside our two Assistant Headteachers for Quality of Education and play an important part in the strategic operation of the school.
In return for your commitment, passion and resilience, we are proud to offer you:
- A high functioning, highly skilled and supportive leadership team who are devoted to improving outcomes
for all children and all staff
- Respectful, polite and engaged children who greatly value their school and learning
- A spacious, well equipped and resourced learning environment
- An established and effective bespoke curriculum and accompanying pedagogy guides
- Excellent training and professional development opportunities
- A team of happy, vibrant and energetic teachers and support staff
- A proven record of exceptional welfare and pastoral support
- A culture of collaboration and support within our Aurora Academies Trust network
- Well established working relationships with our external agency colleagues
Candidates are actively encouraged to visit the school to meet our Headteacher and get a feel for the CAW culture we are so proud of. A tour can be arranged by calling the school on 01273 681377 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information about the school can be found on our website - https://www.caw.brighton-hove.sch.uk/
Completed application forms should be returned to – Angela Dolan, Business Manager email@example.com
Closing date for applications 9am Monday 27th March 2023
Interviews to be held on Thursday 30th March 2023
Please ensure you apply with AAT application form attached below.
Brighton & Hove City Council is advertising on behalf of the school and is not the employer in this case.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.