- Employer: Wokingham Borough Council
- Reference: 712621
- Published: Fri 24/02/2023, 17:34 PM
- Closing on: Sun 26/03/2023, 23:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours
- Salary: Grade 9 £41,496
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Shute End/Home Working, Shute End, Wokingham, Berkshire
More InformationMore about this employer
Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
We have a fantastic new position available for a Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our team.
As the Lead Software Development Engineer you will play a key role in transforming the way we serve our customers and deliver our services.
This role will require enthusiasm for facilitating change and a passion for continually improving public services.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead a team of SDETs and system testers to ensure high-quality software releases
- Design and develop automated tests and test frameworks within the scope of applications
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, developers, and operations, to ensure that testing requirements are understood and implemented correctly
- Mentor and train junior team members on testing best practices, test automation, and software development methodologies
- Strong technical skills in software development and testing.
- Leadership skills in leading and managing a team effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner. Work effectively with stakeholders.
- Project management skills, ability to effectively manage the planning, tracking and reporting of work. Task prioritising within the team.
- Accessibility Testing to WCAG standards where appropriate
Wokingham Borough Council is based in an attractive market town in Berkshire, with excellent road and rail links and is easily accessible from London and Reading.
We can offer excellent employee benefits such as flexible working, a local government pension scheme, a generous annual leave entitlement and much more!
For an informal chat about the role please contact email@example.com (Strictly no agencies please)
Closing Date: Sunday 26th March 2023
Interview Date: TBC
12 months FTC
Please note we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we receive sufficient quality applicants.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.