- Employer: Abbey School
- Reference: SS/23/231050
- Published: Thu 02/03/2023, 14:00 PM
- Closing on: Mon 24/04/2023, 9:00 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
- Salary: £36,540 - £48,195
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Chester , Cheshire
PBS Practice Lead (Residential)
Are you a skilled and experienced positive behaviour support practitioner who can inspire others? Are you a confident, compassionate and dynamic practice leader?
Do you want to be involved in making a real difference in the lives of young people with autism and their families so that they can engage with their right to education and live the life they choose?
We are looking for a new member of our well-established and experienced PBS team. The post-holder will have practice leadership responsibilities in the residential part of our school provision and will work in collaboration with the wider PBS team, education, care and therapies staff. This is a fantastic opportunity to shape an exciting new role that will have real impact on the development of our residential provision with the support of a fantastic team of multi-disciplinary colleagues.
This is a full time, permanent role, with a start date as soon as possible to support our education provision.
Main duties will include:
- Work as part of a trans-disciplinary team to support the delivery of effective and appropriate teaching, learning and behaviour support in our residential provision as a result of trans-disciplinary working underpinned by an evidence-based behavioural model of practice.
- Responsible for conducting functional assessments and developing comprehensive function based Positive Behaviour Support plans and interventions to reduce behaviour that challenges and monitoring the effectiveness of these plans through development of robust data collection systems and analysis of the data.
- Use evidence-informed practices to develop personalised, active support models for young people
- Conducting a range of assessments including assessment for learning, assessment of learning, admissions assessments, behavioural assessments and assessments of maintenance and generalisation.
- To train residential care staff on all elements of a young person's model of support
- To lead PBS practice within our residential provision
- To be a member of the senior management team for residential provision
- Preparing for and contributing to Person Centred Reviews.
- Working in partnership with parents, colleagues and other professionals to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and young people.
- Play an active role in the school’s approach to Positive Handling, becoming a Team-Teach Trainer (training will be provided, however the candidate is required to be open to this training) and provide training, support and advice to all staff in Abbey School to ensure any use of restrictive intervention is used in accordance with the law and clear ethical values and embedded within comprehensive proactive plans to reduce restriction.
We are a supportive learning organisation with a strong commitment to staff development and wellbeing.