- Employer: Association for Public Service Excellence (APSE)
- Reference: APSE/23/231108
- Published: Thu 02/03/2023, 16:24 PM
- Closing on: Wed 22/03/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: To be confirmed
- Salary: £33,820 to £41,496 (SCP 27-35) With the potential to earn up to an additional £8,888 performance related pay
- DBS Check: No
- Location: 3rd floor Trafford House, Chester Road, Old Trafford, Manchester, Greater Manchester
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Senior Consultant to join a growing, dynamic organisation at the forefront of local government services. Working for APSE, (Association for Public Service Excellence) based at the Manchester office, operating throughout the United Kingdom, the successful applicant will get involved with providing expert help to Local Authorities on a variety of matters including efficiency reviews, reorganisation, business planning, option appraisal, procurement and interim management.
APSE Solutions is the consultancy arm of APSE, delivering a full range of management consultancy and interim management to local government.
The Senior Consultant is a key member of a small, internal team managing the established consultancy and coordinating a large and growing pool of associates. As well as providing direct support to consultancy projects the successful candidate will also secure new work and play a part in the development of the consultancy.
- Opportunity to develop your own consultancy skills and work with some of the UK’s experts in council services.
- Unique chance to get directly involved in helping local government meet the many challenges they face.
- Become part of a well-respected growing value driven consultancy service.
- Work within an organisation committed to improving local government services.
- Receive an excellent performance related financial package.
- Influence change and progression within local government.
The successful applicant will receive the following benefits:
- A starting salary of £33,820 with opportunities to progress through the pay scale to a maximum salary of £41,496
- Potential to earn performance related pay up to £8,888
- 25 days holiday plus all statutory public holidays
- Can apply to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Occasional Home working
- Access to excellent training and development opportunities
The successful candidate:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Excellent project management skills and able to manage multiple projects at once.
- Experience of implementing and influencing change.
- Committed to excellent, value for money, public services.
- Excellent management and leadership skills with the ability to coordinate a pool of independent local government expert associates.
- Knowledge of local government issues and working practices.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, able to build good working relationships.
For a candidate information pack please visit www.apse.org.uk/jobs or contact the APSE secretariat on 0161 7721810.
For an informal chat about the role please contact the Head of APSE Solutions, Andy Mudd at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is Wednesday 22nd March. Interviews are likely to be held on Friday 31st March.
APSE is an Equal Opportunities Employer.