- Employer: Reigate & Banstead Borough Council
- Reference: REQ000754
- Published: Mon 06/03/2023, 16:46 PM
- Closing on: Sun 26/03/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Evenings, Flexible Hours, Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
- Salary: £27,282-£29,379
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Reigate, Town Hall, Reigate, Surrey
More InformationMore about this employer
Money Advice Officer
About the Role
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Money Advice Officer to join our team. The role involves working in the Money Support Team who sit within the Intervention Team at Reigate and Banstead Borough Council.
The successful candidate will be pro-active and ambitious, ideally with a track record in working with and supporting people with benefits, money management and budgeting advice.
You will be joining a growing, innovative multi-agency team which supports the successful co-ordination of local statutory and voluntary services and offers person-centred support to individuals to enable sustainable change. In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
Benefits of the role
- £1,500 cost of living salary enhancement in April as well as a yearly pay related appraisal.
- Private Clinical Supervision with an external clinical supervisor.
- Option to work a 19-day month after successful probation period.
- Extra annual leave after 5 years Local Authority continual service.
- Manage your own calendar and case load.
- Caseload capped.
- Flexible working from home or office.
- 45p per mile tax free expenses plus a monthly car allowance.
- Extensive training opportunities.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership.
For an informal discussion about the role, contact Jemma Rowe, Senior Money Support Advisor on 01737 276129 / 07974 325285 or email: Jemma.Rowe@reigate-banstead.gov.uk
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
Interview date: 30 March 2023
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change. Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.