- Employer: Knowsley Council
- Reference: CVP 0640
- Published: Tue 07/03/2023, 15:00 PM
- Closing on: Sun 26/03/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week, Consideration will be given for part time working.
- Salary: £21,575 - £21,968 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Computer Centre, Huyton , Knowsley , L36 9GL, Merseyside
More InformationMore about this employer
Trainee IT Officer
It is a very exciting time in Knowsley’s IT Service; we have invested in leading edge Infrastructure technology. Joining an experienced and hardworking team, you will find an excellent opportunity to grow your career.
The post will primarily be working within the council’s infrastructure team and will encompass training in all aspects of infrastructure support. The position may provide the opportunity to move into the other disciplines of IT including Security, Microsoft 365 & application support.
We are looking for someone to provide basic support for the delivery of IT services, who is enthusiastic and willing to learn and become part of the Knowsley IT Team.
You will need to be a committed team player who is always willing to embrace new challenges.
- Flexible working hours within a hybrid approach to home / office working
- Generous Council pension scheme.
- Minimum annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year, plus bank holidays with the option to purchase up to 10 extra days annual leave.
- Easily accessible location (15 mins to Liverpool, 30 mins to Manchester by rail)
- Access to staff rewards/discounts including childcare vouchers, cycle & technology purchase schemes, gym membership, and a host of other local discounts.
At Knowsley Council we will consider requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, working from home, compressed hours, part-time.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the specified date should we receive sufficient applicants.
For an informal discussion regarding the post, please contact Andy Fitzpatrick on 0151 443 3409 or by email Andrew.Fitzpatrick@knowsley.gov.uk
Closing date 26 March 2023 with Interviews likely to be held week commencing 3 April 2023.