- Employer: Torridge District Council
- Reference: TDC/23/231810
- Published: Wed 08/03/2023, 14:20 PM
- Closing on: Sun 02/04/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: To be confirmed
- Salary: £62,825.00 - £68,915.00 per annum
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Bideford, Devon
Finance Manager (Section 151 Officer)
£62,825 - £68,915 per annum (pay award pending) | Full Time | Permanent
Due to the retirement of the current post holder an exciting opportunity has arisen to join Torridge District Council as our Finance Manager (s151 officer) to lead the Accountancy & Exchequer Teams, providing corporate financial support and advice to all Council Services.
Reporting to the Chief Executive and being part of the Council’s Strategic Management Team, you will be a CCAB qualified accountant with a strong track record of financial and management experience.
This role is an opportunity for you to really make a difference, undertaking a key leadership role and developing our financial services to support the council with its upcoming challenges, savings targets and service delivery.
This is a politically restricted post and an enhanced DBS check is required.
Who we are
Our officers are located on the banks of the river Torridge estuary in Bideford, one of the most breath-taking parts of the South West within walking distance of the North Devon Coastline
We look after our residents and visitors providing a wide range of services. All this in an area of 384 square km with a population of 67,000, it's no easy task but our team of around 270 employees are integral to supporting our local area and working hard to provide the best positive service for our customers.
Benefits of Working for Us
We offer a fantastic benefits package, which includes:
- Relocation allowance of up to £8,000
- Payment of professional fees
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Access to an Occupational Health service
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing as well as savings on top brands
- Annual leave starting at 33 days (plus bank holidays)
- Social events across the authority
For a confidential discussion about this role, please call Steve Hearse, Chief Executive (From 20 March 2023) on 01237 428969 or David Heyes, Finance Manager and Section 151 Officer on 01237 428989.
To view a job description or to apply for this role, please visit https://careers.torridge.gov.uk/ to submit a CV and covering statement.
Closing Date: 02 April 2023
Interview Date: 14 April 2023