- Employer: Bracknell Forest Council
- Reference: D/23/231866
- Published: Wed 08/03/2023, 16:04 PM
- Closing on: Sun 26/03/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Weekends
- Hours: 18.5 hours per week
- Salary: £32,020 - £36,298 FTE + LWA £663. £16,010 - £18,149 pro rata + LWA £331.50 Enhanced pay for Saturday working (1 in 3) Paid at time and a half
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Area Supervisor, Central Group (Libraries) - part time 18.5 hrs p/w
We are investing in an improved Library Service. To provide better opportunities for our residents.
We are always looking for better ways of doing things. How can we make the most of our resources? Create exciting spaces that our residents want to spend time in? These are just some of the things you could be looking at when you join us. You’re going to have a big impact on what we do, so you’ll be trusted to take ownership of your work. There’ll always be room for your ideas here and having the opportunities to learn, develop and progress.
Put simply, a career with us means having everything you need to build on your skills. To build better relationships. To build even better communities.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
This is an exciting time to join Bracknell Forest Libraries as we are rolling out Open+ technology to extend opening hours, rather like 24-hour gyms, in all 9 Libraries in the Borough. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management and supervision of Birch Hill, Great Hollands and Harmans Water Libraries, including a team of frontline staff and volunteers, and will be committed to offering a wide-ranging events’ programme and providing an excellent service to all of our customers. You will be a strong team leader, able to motivate staff and prioritise workloads. A proven track record of increasing Library performance would be an advantage.
You will work an average of 18.5 hours per week, working one Saturday morning out of three, for which you will receive enhanced pay.
The hours of work for this post will be:
Birch Hill Library 1.30 pm to 5.00 pm
Harmans Water Library 5.15 to 7.00 pm
Great Hollands Library 9.15am to 1.15pm
Harmans Water Library 1.00 pm to 5.05pm
Great Hollands Library 9.15am to 1.00 pm
Birch Hill Library 9.15am to 12.45pm (Week 1)
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- To manage the performance of the Central Group of Libraries, in terms of issues, visits and new memberships, and to seek ways of continuous improvement, including promotion and marketing of the service.
- To ensure that a varied programme of events takes place, in line with the Library and Information Service’s strategic vision to broaden and deepen the range of arts and cultural activities on offer and also the Council’s wider objectives to support Adults’ and Children’s agendas.
- Line management of the frontline staff, including recruitment, selection, appraisal and performance management.
- To recruit and support volunteers, training them and ensuring that they feel part of the team.
- To provide a high quality service to the public, answering information enquiries in person, by telephone, and digitally, and to support customers in the use of ICT facilities.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for...
A confident and enthusiastic person who can demonstrate considerable experience of working at a similar level in a frontline customer service role. You will be a strong team leader who enjoys engaging with customers of all ages and you will need to be able to think creatively about how to attract new customers and to maximise income generation. You will also show determination and resilience to achieve results.
Interviews will be held on 4th April 2023
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Sharon Cripps - Area Supervisor, Southern Group
Tel.: 01344 776431
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
No agencies please.