- Employer: East Herts District Council
- Reference: EHDC/23/231903
- Published: Thu 09/03/2023, 9:00 AM
- Closing on: Mon 03/04/2023, 15:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £45,000-£49,000
- DBS Check: No
- Location: East Herts, Hertfordshire
Housing Development and Strategy Manager
HOUSING DEVELOPMENT AND STRATEGY MANAGER
There has never been a more exciting time to join East Herts District Council. We are looking for a Housing Development and Strategy Manager to join the busy Housing Services Team.
ABOUT THE JOB
Reporting to the Housing Services Manager, your role will be to work with a range of partners to identify opportunities for affordable housing and maximise delivery whether this be directly by the council, the councils housing company, registered providers of housing or private housing developers. You will need to research projects aimed at securing or facilitating affordable housing in the district and act as a main point of contact on strategic housing issues with the government, Homes England and other external organisations.
Operational responsibilities are as follows:
- Working closely with planning officers to negotiate the provision of affordable housing.
- Taking responsibility for the provision of the Housing Service’s comments on the affordable housing provision delivered through planning obligations.
- Providing detailed, credible advice to stakeholders on housing needs.
- Negotiating detailed provisions in Section 106 agreements relating to affordable housing.
- Taking an active role in scrutinising the viability of proposed affordable housing schemes.
East Herts District Council operates a 50/50 working from home and office split with flexibility around which actual days in any week you are in the office or at home.
The council are looking for an individual who is able to demonstrate an understanding of the development control process and section 106 agreements, has a strong ability to analyse business plans and carry out viability assessments for Housing Developments. The successful postholder will need to show evidence of decisive decision making with high level of personal responsibility and evidence of project management skills. Lastly, you will need to be able to manage projects effectively and have effective communication with colleagues, external service providers and partners.
Some applicants will be looking for the next step on their career ladder while others will be looking for a longer term ‘home’. Either is fine with East Herts! Whatever your aspirations, we can provide you with invaluable hands-on experience of project management, financial modelling and strategy-writing along with the opportunity to hone your presentation and influencing skills by working closing with the council’s Leadership Team and elected members.
You’ll be working with registered providers, planners and others on an exciting estate regeneration project and a regionally significant garden town development while helping us find innovative ways to build for social rent on our small parcels of land.
We wish to make the application process as straightforward as possible, so we just ask that you upload your CV.
This vacancy is being managed by Jobsgopublic. Please contact Joe O’Dea for more information about this role at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07828 520598.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic next step in your career at East Herts District Council. Apply today!