- Employer: Reigate & Banstead Borough Council
- Reference: REQ000758
- Published: Thu 09/03/2023, 15:22 PM
- Closing on: Sun 09/04/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
- Salary: £31,644 - £37,602
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Earlswood, Surrey
More InformationMore about this employer
Tree and Woodlands Officer
About the Role
The overall purpose of the role is to provide professional advice and contract management for all arboriculture and woodland management matters within parks, open spaces, cemeteries and allotments. The Council is committed to the care of its trees and woodland heritage, and we have management responsibility for over 550 hectares of publicly-accessible woodland.
About the Person
- You should possess technical and practical knowledge of all aspects of arboriculture and will preferably have a Higher National Diploma in Arboriculture, or relevant equivalent qualification, ideally with experience in arboricultural management in the context of Local Government.
- Your responsibilities will include Arboricultural service development and programming of capital and revenue schemes, tree inspections and condition surveys.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential, together with strong organisational ability and accurate attention to detail.
- You must be I.T. literate, and preferably familiar with the MyTrees software system (or similar arboriculture management software).
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave, and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership.
For an informal discussion about the role, please call or email Michael Hill, Greenspaces Operations Manager on 01737 276391 or Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
Closing date: 9th April 2023
Interview date: Week commencing 17th April 2023
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change. Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
See 'Who we are' as a council, to find out more about us.