- Employer: Resources
- Reference: RES/23/232154
- Published: Fri 10/03/2023, 10:04 AM
- Closing on: Sun 26/03/2023, 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £38,296 with the opportunity to progress to a maximum of £42,503pa
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Ware, Hertfordshire
More InformationMore about this employer
Senior Library Assistant
Job Title: Senior Librarian: Community Libraries and Volunteering
Location: Central Stocks Unit, Welwyn Garden City
Starting Salary: £38,296 with the opportunity to progress to a maximum of £42,503pa (pro rata for part-time)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
This is an exciting opportunity leading a small central team to support Hertfordshire Community Libraries, to deliver library services to local communities.
The post holder will also be responsible for leading on the library volunteer offer to support the delivery of the new Inspiring Libraries Strategy: My Place 2022-2032.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Lead a small high performing Community Services Team to support community libraries across Hertfordshire and develop an effective volunteering offer in libraries.
- Manage the recruitment, performance, and development of the Community Services Team to support Community Libraries.
- Manage and develop the relationship between the Library Service and Community Libraries including running all aspects of partnership meetings.
- Develop, co-ordinate and deliver volunteer training, both face to face and online.
- Liaise with libraries and colleagues across the service to support Community Libraries in the most effective and efficient way e.g. stock management, furniture and equipment etc
- Manage and monitor delegated budgets as required.
- Lead the Volunteer Steering Group to ensure strategic oversight of volunteering opportunities in Hertfordshire Libraries.
- Liaise with partner and other organisations as appropriate to support and develop volunteering opportunities in libraries e.g. Home Library Service etc.
- Liaise with colleagues within the Library Service to commission services such as the Reminiscence Collection.
Within the role there will be the opportunity to :
- Develop the library volunteering offer to add value to library services in linewith the Inspiring Libraries Strategy: My Place 2022- 2032
- Develop the relationship between the library service and Hertfordshire Community Libraries, undertaking a review of Hertfordshire Community Library Partnership Agreements.
We are looking for someone who has the relevant skills and experience in leading a team of staff and working with volunteers, so that you are able, to:
- Work effectively with volunteers, ensuring they feel valued and part of the wider service
- Lead, motivate and manage a team to achieve service aims and objectives
- Manage change positively
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Work collaboratively with other HCC colleagues and external organisations and partners
- Manage difficult conversations positively to achieve satisfactory outcomes
- Develop, deliver, and achieve excellent training outcomes when training and mentoring library staff and volunteers.
- Act confidently as an advocate for the library service
This is an excellent and exciting opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives by shaping the library volunteering offer and developing the relationship with Hertfordshire Community Libraries to deliver library services to local communities.
Closing Date: * 26th March 2023
Interview Date: * w/c 10th April 2023
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: *Rachel Bilton via e-mail: Rachel.email@example.comTel: 07753805294
How to Apply
As part of the application, you will be required to upload your most recent CV ensuring gaps in employment have been addressed and asked to answer the 4 key questions which are located at the end of the advert and a template can be found in the 'Available Documents'.
1.What knowledge, transferable skills and or experience do you have to lead a team to manage and support our community libraries and develop our volunteering offer in libraries?
2.What transferrable skills and experience do you have to be an advocate for the library service and to collaborate with partners and volunteers?
3.The Community Libraries project is one which is constantly evolving. Can you give an example of a time when you actively engaged with mentoring your team members successfully through change?
4.Developing and delivering training for volunteers is a key part of this role. How would you develop suitable training resources for the volunteers, both face to face and online?
If you do not provide answers to the questions and upload to your application, your application will be rejected.