- Employer: Central Bedfordshire Council
- Reference: CBED/23/232569
- Published: Tue 14/03/2023, 11:14 AM
- Closing on: Tue 11/04/2023, 11:14 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours
- Salary: £34,723 – £36,298 per annum pro rata
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Across the County of Central Bedfordshire, Bedfordshire
Data Analyst Operations Officer
Team: HOM - Business Team
Job Family: Providing - CBG10
Salary: £34,723 – £36,298 per annum pro rata
Hours: 37 hours per week
Base Location: Working from home and any CBC offices, including Priory House, Shefford. You will be expected to attend a CBC office location on a monthly basis, and as needed to carry out your role
Contract Type: Hybrid - Permanent
Closing Date: 11th April 2023
Interview Date: 19th / 20th April 2023
Central Bedfordshire is an ambitious authority, determined to be an exemplary one. Our strategic location and high quality of life mean we are one of the fastest growing areas in the country.
As a council we face the same challenges every business does - investing in the right places and delivering great results. Except for us, it’s all about our 289,000 residents. We’re totally focussed on helping to improve their lives and making Central Bedfordshire a great place to live and work.
We have set values and principles to represent the way we work and how we operate as an organisation. You can view a list of these in detail on our website.
This is a great time to join us on our journey.
More about the role:
It’s an exciting time at Central Bedfordshire’s Housing Service. The Housing Service is a self-contained business that manages and maintains some 5,450+ Council-owned homes. The Service continues to benefit from self-financing and has an ambitious development and transformation agenda. The Housing Data Analyst Operations Officer is an exciting position and will be responsible for investigating simpler ways of working, developing new approaches to analysis and launching new ideas.
Day-to-day, you will
- Undertake data analysis leading to data insights and management reporting. The insights will support the Housing Service to improve by delivering cost efficiencies and maximising income. Define methods and approach to large scale and complex change solutions
- Execute Business Intelligence activities for the Housing Service. Specifically, the focus will be on embedding the use of data visualisation tools (MS Power BI). You will be able to utilise new analysis techniques and systems to deliver leading edge insights
- Provide expertise in use of analysis tools (MS Power BI), practical experience with other BI tools such as Tableau, SAS VA, SAP Analytics is desirable. Deliver BI data models following industry best practices and different design methodologies.
- Refine business processes using logic, ensuring that definitions are in place to meet business reporting standards and deliver business performance reporting. Have the ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures
You may have programming or a statistical background / knowledge which you are able to apply to deliver logical solutions. This role will play a pivotal part in continuing the digital transformation underway in the Housing Service. Bringing your current analytic skillset, ideally with experience, alongside other data manipulation and visualisation skills such as SQL and Power BI, you will help us drive a data driven approach.
To join us you will have in-depth experience in a similar role or an equivalent qualification, and/or a project management background. You are organised, well versed in business development, performance reporting or data analytics. You find analysing statistical data interesting, have the ability to produce feasibility studies, and enjoy completing tasks in a complex environment to tight timescales. With this expertise you’ll have the confidence to contribute and your strong communication skills will be essential along with an organised, team-focused approach.
What we can offer you
As well as joining a friendly, dedicated, and hardworking team you will have access to numerous benefits, including:
- A hybrid working arrangement giving you the option to work from home and access any CBC office location. We recognise and value the importance of supporting our employees to balance their home and work life and to be able to work in the most efficient way.
- A £250 one-off hybrid worker payment to help you adapt your home for safe and suitable working conditions
- A comprehensive IT package to support you to work safely and effectively
- The ability to work abroad for up to a month a year
- Generous family friendly policies and practices
- A welcoming and inclusive environment that empowers differences
- Friendly and supportive staff networks
- Annual leave allowance 24 days + statutory holidays rising to 31 days with length of service.
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS). This is a valuable part of our rewards package for employees and includes Life Assurance. You can find out more on the Bedfordshire Pension Fund website.
- An exceptional Employee Assistance Programme which helps support employees with workplace changes as well as other work, family and personal issues
- A huge variety of courses and role-specific training and learning to help you succeed and develop
- Access to discounts on top UK retailers and local retailers
Central Bedfordshire Council has its own vision and values that are integral to everything we do. Our area vision is to make Central Bedfordshire 'A great place to live and work’.
Sustainability matters to us. We aim to lead by example in tackling climate change. Read more about the action we’re taking on our website: Climate change – tackling it and our strategy
Our aspiration is to be a truly flexible employer. We welcome discussion on location, hours and working pattern as part of the application process.
You will be expected to demonstrate how you meet the key accountabilities and competencies detailed within this Recruitment Pack; Data Analyst Operations Officer
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact: Gurminder Singh at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 300 5849
For queries related to the recruitment of this vacancy, please contact: The recruitment team at email@example.com
Central Bedfordshire Council is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to improving the diversity of our workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. Therefore we welcome applications from everyone. In addition we are a Disability Confident employer, we are working to become a Disability Confident leader in our community.
To maintain a fair and consistent approach for applicants, it is Central Bedfordshire Council's policy to only consider applications made via our online application system and we therefore thank you for not submitting your application offline.
If you require assistance to apply for our roles, help with writing your CV, interview techniques or careers advice please contact our team of careers advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org Our service is confidential, impartial and free for all.