- Employer: Falkland Islands Government
- Reference: 200/23/232612
- Published: Tue 14/03/2023, 10:15 AM
- Closing on: Sun 02/04/2023, 20:30 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Salary: £38k - £44k (up to £47k for an exceptional candidate) plus 25% Gratuity (taxable) and a Flights & Relocation Package
- DBS Check: No
- Location: King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Stanley. Falkland Islands, Falkland Islands
Community Support Manager
Are you an experienced nurse and manager with a ‘can do’ attitude and excellent people skills keen to embrace the opportunity to work in a small team making a difference to our community?
Are you ready for the adventure of living in a beautiful, fascinating and unique country?
If so, look no further than this advertisement…
The King Edward VII Memorial Hospital (KEMH) has an excellent opportunity for working as the Community Support Manager leading the nursing and care team in supporting people to live at home and eventually in the new facility of Tussac House. You will be able to expand your horizons to live and work in our beautiful islands.
The KEMH is the present base for all the Islands Health services. We are looking to recruit an experienced nurse manager to lead the team with the present care packages provided for those in need of care and support living in the three sheltered housing sites as well as in their own home and a small temporary 24 hour care home. The Community Support Manager will be readying the service for the move to the new facility, Tussac House, which will incorporate care and support for all those whose needs are assessed as exceeding the ceiling of care provided within the community in Stanley.
The successful applicant will need to be enthusiastic and keen to learn about the people and the islands in order to reflect the care provision that will best meet our needs. The successful applicant will need to have a degree that allows qualification as a nurse and be able to demonstrate current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of the UK or equivalent along with a strong background in providing quality nursing care and managing teams through change.
- Fixed Term Contract, up to 4 years.
- Starting Salary £38,781 - £44,716 per annum (depending on qualifications and experience) rising to £47,904 with on call allowances payable
- Eligibility for a 25% Gratuity (taxable).
- 41 days paid leave, 30 days paid annual leave plus 11 government and public holidays.
- Relocation Allowance, to help with moving costs.
- Flights Package for you and any recognised dependents residing with you at post both at the beginning and end of contract, along with additional annual return flights contingent on the duration of the contract.
- Government Housing for rent and a starter pack to help you settle in.
- A stimulating and supportive setting to work in and a unique and beautiful setting to live in.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can download the job description and view further information from our online vacancy page.
For further information regarding the position please contact Mandy Heathman, Chief Nursing Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (+500) 28052.
To apply, please complete our online application form from our vacancy page www.jobs.gov.fk, by clicking on 'Apply Now' and completing the form.
Timetable for Recruitment and Selection Process
Closing Date for Applications - 02/04/2023 @ 2030GMT
Shortlisting commencing - 05/04/23
Interviews commencing - 10/04/23
Health & Social Services Department
The Health and Social Services Department is one of the Directorates of the Falkland Islands Government (FIG) which offers a range of fulfilling job opportunities across the full spectrum of public services. Working in the Health and Social Services means that the successful applicant will be able to work in team providing a wide range of health care to our community.
Exciting developments in the Hospital include a new CT Scan, Mammography unit and plans for a new operating theatre along with a separate scheme to build a Vulnerable Person’s residential facility to be known as Tussac House.
Falkland Islands Government (FIG)
The Falkland Islands is a British Overseas Territory, with full internal self-government.
As the largest employer in the Falkland Islands, we offer many unique and fulfilling job opportunities, across the full spectrum of public services. Our responsibilities include those typically managed by central government – taxation, legislation and policy, as well as those usually managed on a local level such as town planning, health and social services, and education. FIG also provides services specific to the needs of the Falkland Islands, such as fisheries research, power generation and the Government Air Service, FIGAS.
For more information about working for Falkland Islands Government, take a look at our recruitment microsite: www.jobs.gov.fk
The Falkland Islands
Set in the South Atlantic Ocean, around 400 miles east of South America and 8000 miles south-west of the UK, the Falkland Islands are a small, thriving community with a British way of life, benefiting from good local services, a varied social calendar and an absence of traffic jams!
The Falkland Islands’ stunning natural environment provides an unspoiled landscape and amazing wildlife to observe and explore, including penguins, whales and dolphins, all seen from the shore.
For those with a sense of adventure, it provides opportunities which are hard to match anywhere else in the world.