The salary for this position is £36,282 - £40,146 per annum based on a 36 hour working week.
When not working with our residents in the community, we are keen to support agile working with a combination of home and office working. We are keen to get the balance right of providing flexibility but ensuring you feel connected to your team and the service.
We have a great opportunity on offer for a Supervising Social Worker specialising in General Fostering, based in Reigate.
In this role, you will be part of a creative Fostering service that works with the theories of trauma, attachment and loss, and restorative practice to ensure the best outcomes for our children.
Self-motivated and accustomed to working to deadlines, you will have good IT and communication skills, with experience of establishing and nurturing multi-agency relationships.
To be considered for shortlisting for this position, your application will clearly evidence:
- Some experience of working with children and young people and knowledge of legislation relating to Looked After Children and fostering
- An ability to work directly with the wider public, Foster Carers and young people and be able to produce clear, evidence based and analytical assessments
- Flexibility to work evenings and occasional weekends, as the role includes attending recruitment events and home visits outside office hours
- You need to be a qualified Social Worker, registered with Social Work England
Although the role is primarily based within the Fostering Team in Woodhatch, Reigate you will need to be prepared to travel countywide and in some instances country-wide, therefore access to your own transport is essential.
Surrey's Children's service keeps on improving and with children at the heart of everything we do we share a passion, desire and commitment to become a high performing local authority and ultimately be recognised by Ofsted as Good and then Outstanding.
We understand that the key to our success is our motivated and supported workforce who share our values and commitment to improving the lives of children in Surrey. As such we have created a financial package that reflects our commitment to our staff and how much we value their support to achieve our shared goals.
We are offering a financial package of up to £6,000 to new permanent, qualified frontline case-holding Social Workers, Team Managers and Independent Chairs (These are subject to tax and national insurance deductions and paid pro rata if you are part time):
- An unconsolidated welcome payment of £1,000 with a corresponding retention period of six months
- A further unconsolidated retention payment of £2,000 on completion of six months service, with a corresponding retention period of twelve months
- A final unconsolidated retention payment of £3,000 on completion of 18 months service with a corresponding retention period of two years
(Payment will be deducted from the final month salary should the corresponding tie in period not be completed.)
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 31st March 2023.
Interviews will be held from 17th April 2023.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.