- Employer: Winchester City Council
- Reference: WCC/23/232830
- Published: Wed 15/03/2023, 15:57 PM
- Closing on: Mon 10/04/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £42,503.00 to £54,551.00
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Winchester, Southampton, Hampshire, Basingstoke, Andover
Senior Property Lawyer and Property Lawyer
Senior Property Lawyer Scale 7 £48,587.00 - £54,551.00 or Property Lawyer Scale 6 £42,503.00 - £47,573.00
37 hours per week
Closing date - 10th April 2023
Interview date - TBC
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org please ensure you indicate which post you are applying for in your covering letter.
Winchester is steeped in history and this heritage is part of what makes our district such a special place to live, work, and visit. We are recognised for our innovation and achievements, whilst delivering high quality service to our customers and the community.
We are seeking to appoint a confident and enthusiastic lawyer with a particular interest in local government to join the Council’s Legal Services team as part of the Commercial Team. The successful candidate will deal with a varied and interesting case load of Commercial Property legal matters.
The successful candidate will be responsible for their own case load and will assist the Legal team in providing an excellent service to all departments of the Council.
This is a varied role and you will be involved in many different areas of the work of a busy Council.
If you feel you have the necessary background, experience and skills to undertake this role we would like to hear from you. At Winchester City Council, we are committed to supporting and developing all our staff and creating a culture that is inclusive, innovative and enjoyable.
In return, we offer: an excellent package of benefits including:
• Salary up to £54,551.00 per annum (dependent on qualifications and experience)
• Employer paid health cash plan
• Car Benefit salary sacrifice schemes
• 26 days annual leave per year rising to 33 days - dependent on length of service
• Flexible working arrangements - although this role is not suitable for fully remote working
• 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
• Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
• Free parking at any Winchester Park and Ride (during work hours)
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Discounted membership at the two leisure centres in the district
• Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
• Employee retail and shopping discounts
• Season Ticket loans
• Excellent working environment
• Support for continuous professional development
For further information about the role and requirements please see the Job Description below.