- Employer: Wokingham Borough Council
- Reference: 710839
- Published: Fri 17/03/2023, 8:00 AM
- Closing on: Sun 23/04/2023, 23:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Full Time, Evenings
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: Grade 11 £53,700 - £58,855 per annum, plus relocation package
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Shute End/Home Working, Berkshire
More InformationMore about this employer
Highways Development Manager
We have a great opportunity available for a Highways Development Manager to join our ambitious and proactive Highways Development team.
As Highways Development Manager, you will play a key leadership role and be responsible for managing a team of highways professionals, the efficient delivery of Highways and Transport Development Management (operational and delivery), Highways Planning and Section 278/38s.
You’ll apply your expertise to manage the team in advising on new proposals, as well as negotiating improvements that support the council’s agenda for driving delivery.
This role requires specialist input, from submission of a scheme through to delivery on the ground - something that happens quickly within Wokingham!
- Extensive experience in the role of the Highways Authority with relation to new developments, along with expertise in Section 106 legal agreements (assisting with drafting and reviewing)
- A good understanding is required of Sections 278 and 38 processes and knowledge of street works.
- Familiarisation with responding to planning consultations, ranging from pre-application advice to appeals.
- As an effective communicator and keen collaborator, you’ll be able to debate and negotiate at multi-agency meetings and in representing the service at Planning Committees and other public events.
- You’ll be a supportive and empowering leader, able to create a high-performance culture with the ability to take people with you.
- You’ll also be adaptable and practical in overcoming problems and finding solutions.
Wokingham is a highly desirable place to live and work. Our vision for the borough is to create ‘a great place to live, an even better place to do business’ – maximising on the opportunities our superb Thames Valley location provides.
You will enjoy the friendly open and supportive culture, as well as benefit from great policies including flexible hours, a generous leave entitlement, a local government pension scheme, as well as the ability to work from home on a regular basis and much more.
For an informal discussion, please contact Chris Easton firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note Chris is on annual leave from 03rd-17th April 2023, he will respond to any emails on his return)
Closing Date: Sunday 23rd April, 11:00pm
Interview Date: W/C 1st May 2023
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.