- Employer: Medway Council
- Reference: CSC23/071/HB
- Published: Thu 16/03/2023, 12:03 PM
- Closing on: Sun 16/04/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £37,898 - £44,567 (inclusive of market allowance) + retention payment
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Chatham, Kent, Kent
More InformationMore about this employer
Social Worker / Experienced Social Worker - Fostering Recruitment
An exciting opportunity as risen for a Social Worker to join the Medway Fostering Recruitment Team. We require an experienced social worker to support us with an extensive recruitment campaign to increase the number of foster carers for Medway Council.
The successful candidate will be the initial point of contact for any prospective enquirer or foster carer; meaning their ability to deliver an excellent ‘first impression’ is vital. Their experience, understanding and insight into the needs of children in care will support their undertaking of Initial Enquiries and Registration of Interests, whilst providing the prospective foster carer with factual information about fostering and the process, as well as offering guidance and advice as to their individual circumstances in relation to the impact of fostering.
You will be responsible for ‘duty’ and ensuring all enquiries are responded to within timescales, undertaking home visits and completing good quality Form F assessments. You will also support the line manager with the monitoring of enquiries, applications and the Stage 1 process.
You will hold a degree in Social Work - CQSW, DipSW or equivalent and be registered with Social Work England
Demonstrable post qualifying experience of working with children and families
A driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes is essential.
Our offer to you:
In addition to the annual salary, we are proud to offer an excellent benefits package including -
- Salary - social worker £34,898 to £38,055 per annum or experienced social worker £38,056 to £41,567 per annum
- Market Allowance - social worker/experienced social worker £3,000 per annum (paid monthly in 12 equal payments)
- Retention Payment - social worker £2,000 per annum (paid in April following 2 years’ service with Medway Council) or experienced social worker £3,000 per annum (paid in April following 2 years’ service with Medway Council)
- Career progression scheme to support your pathway of professional development
- Essential User Allowance with option to transfer to Lease Car after 6 months
- Excellent local government pension scheme
- Free car parking
- Access to ICT equipment and mobile phone, to support hybrid model of working
- Access to a confidential information, advice and counselling service
- Relocation allowance of up to £8,000
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Mercia Jackson, Team Manager on 01634 337368 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interviewed via Microsoft Teams.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Children's DBS check.
Please click on the ‘Apply Online’ button.
Medway is a unitary authority in the South East of England, made up of the towns of Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham and Rainham and more rural areas, including the Hoo Peninsula.
Situated in Kent in the South-East of England, the area has plenty of green spaces, excellent facilities and easy access to the national motorway and rail networks, facilitating superb transport links to London.
To find out more about Medway the place please click here.
Please note that all recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in hard copy format, please contact the Children's Services Recruitment Team on 01634 332878 (option 1).
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
For more information on our Children & Adults Social Care jobs please visit: www.medwaysocialcarejobs.co.uk.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.