- Employer: Winchester City Council
- Reference: WCC/23/233270
- Published: Mon 20/03/2023, 10:27 AM
- Closing on: Sun 16/04/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £28,371.00 to £32,020.00
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Winchester, Southampton, Hampshire, Basingstoke, Andover
Sustainability Project Officer
Closing date - Sunday 16th April 2023
Interview date - Friday 28th April 2023
Full time, 37 hours per week
£28,371.00 to £32,020.00
There are two new opportunities to join the Sustainability team at Winchester City Council and to help deliver its drive to be greener faster and a carbon neutral council in 2024 and a district by 2023.
In 2019, the council declared a climate emergency and six months later had created a Carbon Neutrality Action Plan with significant budget allocated support its work. Since then much had been achieved, but there is still a lot to do and these two new posts will be central to driving the carbon neutral and sustainability work of the council across its own operations and the district.
These are exciting and challenging roles that demonstrate the council’s commitment to a step change in delivery to address the climate emergency and the pressing need to reduce Winchester district’s carbon footprint. The work is high profile with a great expectation of achievement of outcomes against targets.
The Sustainability Project Officer will play an important role in seeing projects designed, initiated and delivered across a number of areas of work such as transport, energy and housing. Sometimes leading the project and sometimes actively supporting and working with council colleagues or external partners and stakeholders. As a forward facing, customer focused role you will be working with residents, business, members and parish councils, community organisations and sustainability groups and networks across the district. The work will be varied and covers project work, organising or helping to run events, communications and responding to enquires acting as a central point of contact for information and help.
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity then this is the role for you. In return, we offer an excellent package of benefits including:
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Salary sacrifice scheme for cars and bikes
- 26 days annual leave per year rising to 33 days - dependent on length of service
- Flexible working arrangements
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking at any Winchester Park and Ride (during work hours)
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounts at a range of major high street brands and the two leisure centres in the district
- Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development