Starting salary: Level 2:- £20,812 per annum pro rata
Location: Based in Clevedon
Hours: Variable hours per week
Closing date: Wednesday 05 April 2023
North Somerset Libraries are looking for someone motivated and organised to join their Operations Team, undertaking a broad range of routine operational tasks in support of the library service. Experience of driving and of practical maintenance tasks is essential.
You will work as part of a team to offer support to North Somerset’s network of libraries. Tasks are undertaken both in public and in back-office situations therefore good communication and team working skills are essential.
Your role will include:
- delivering library books and other items to sites across North Somerset;
- working in the library distribution centre to sort deliveries and organise stock;
- carry out basic library tasks using ICT;
- undertake basic repairs and general grounds maintenance.
You will need:
- a valid manual category B driving licence, suitable for driving a 3.5ft long wheelbase high top delivery van;
- to be comfortable in the use of ICT, although knowledge of library specific systems is not necessary (training will be provided);
- to be able to use your initiative and work effectively within the team.
The post-holder’s main base will be at the Library Distribution Centre in Clevedon, but the post-holder will be required to undertake work at other sites across the district, both indoors and outside. The post is a zero hours contract, and the post holder will not have fixed hours or days but will provide cover for sickness and holidays.
We offer a wide range of benefits, to ensure that you are paid fairly for your work, have the flexibility to enjoy a great work/life balance, and have the support you need. Our benefits include an excellent pension scheme, family leave options, flexible working hours, working from home, as well as career progression and training opportunities and becoming part of a friendly and supportive team. More information about our extensive benefits package can be found here; https://www.n-somerset.gov.uk/my-services/jobs-training/council-jobs/working-us/employee-benefits
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Roxy Sahota, Community Services Supervisor on 01275 884 315.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/my-services/jobs-training/council-jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: Wednesday 19 April 2023
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.