- Employer: London Borough Of Waltham Forest
- Reference: SCH/23/233720
- Published: Wed 22/03/2023, 17:41 PM
- Closing on: Mon 17/04/2023, 9:00 AM
- Working Pattern: Term Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week, Term Time Only plus 5 days
- Salary: Scale 6 (Point 18-21) £30,699 - £32,265
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: George Mitchell All-Through School, Waltham Forest
More InformationMore about this employer
36 hours per week, Term Time Only plus 5 days
Scale 6 (Point 18-21) £30,699 - £32,265
Required as soon as possible
Deadline Monday 17th April 2023 at 9am. Please note: The job description is currently under evaluation.
George Mitchell School – Consistently in the Top 10 Nationally for progress
We are seeking to appoint a proactive, organised Exams Officer to start as soon as possible.
George Mitchell School is aspiring to be an outstanding school, and we welcome colleagues who want to join us, and our students, on that journey. Behaviour for learning is very good, and there is an enthusiastic emphasis on good outcomes for our students who hail from a richly diverse area, with many ethnic groups and languages represented. This, along with our brand new buildings and large outside spaces make George Mitchell a fantastic place to work.
We are very much a community school at the heart of a local neighbourhood, and we provide a haven in which our children feel safe, valued and happy. Each child at George Mitchell is special and we do our utmost to ensure that each student is given every opportunity to learn and succeed.
We are committed to the task of continuing to raise standards and have a comprehensive induction programme and excellent professional development opportunities. Benefiting from a P8 score above +.5 for the past three years reflects our ambition of providing the best possible education to all.
George Mitchell is committed to supporting the well-being of our staff, offering:
- Non-meetings weeks throughout the year to support with reducing workload
- School theatre trips with free teacher tickets
- Employee Assistance Programme
- New catering facility with a variety of healthy meals discounted for staff
- Personalised CPD programme
- Bike 2 work Scheme
- Team building whole staff sessions
- An appraisal system offering opportunities to develop your own career progression
We warmly welcome an informal visit or a conversation prior to application.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offer of a position is subject to receiving satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS Clearance
For more information please refer to the application pack on our website or contact Samara Bradford, HR Officer on 020 8539 6198 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com by 9am on Monday 17th April 2023.
Interviews to be held week commencing the 17th April 2023.