- Employer: Wokingham Borough Council
- Reference: 710936
- Published: Fri 24/03/2023, 14:00 PM
- Closing on: Sun 07/05/2023, 23:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £41,496 - £46,549 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Shute End/Home Working, Berkshire
More InformationMore about this employer
Senior Transport Planner
Wokingham is situated in the heart of the thriving Thames Valley and is consistently voted both the healthiest place to live and one of the best places to live in the UK. This is a superb opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated professional to join our dynamic Highways and Transportation Service and be a vital part of the Transport Planning Team.
We are looking for a experienced transport planner/project manager to provide specialist input in day-to-day activities, manage our consultants and oversee the delivery of our Local Transport Plan.
You will to be well-versed in climate change matters, congestion, air quality and health and well-being, with a good working knowledge of, and experience, in active travel, bus and rail matters along with being able to successfully bid for scheme funding.
This is a senior role within the team. With a relevant transport planning degree and experience, you will hit the ground running, able to provide professional advice on a variety of matters relating to Transport Planning, particularly, behavioural change activities and the development of public transport across the borough. You will also provide input into the development of the Local Transport Plan and Low Carbon transport options.
Membership of the CIHT is desirable.
Main Duties include:
- Assisting in the development and delivery of the Local Transport Plan and identifying an annual programme of improvements
- Producing briefs and managing the output and performance of Wokingham Borough Council’s Highways Partnership consultant.
- Procuring and monitoring contracts for a range of transport related goods and services, including Electric Vehicle Charge Points, public transport services and active travel initiatives.
- Working closely with public transport providers to meet social needs and help to reduce the borough’s carbon footprint by helping to develop and then consult on public transport options for the borough.
- Responding to written and verbal requests from Members or the general public about highway issues arising from development proposals.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operation of bus services, including producing relevant marketing and publicity and responding to residents’ queries.
- One of the roles includes managing the My Journey team workload and programme of activities on soft measures.
This is an exciting time to join as the council is delivering substantial infrastructure projects and new housing as well as town centre regeneration.
Wokingham Borough Council offers a range of employee benefits including generous annual leave, flexible working opportunities and an excellent pension. We’re committed to making you feel empowered in your work, whether that’s through approachable and engaged management, or extra training to enhance your expertise. This is combined with great development opportunities, meaning you’ll feel supported and encouraged at every stage of your career.
Ours is a high support, high challenge work environment, where people can fulfil their full potential.
Closing date: 07 May 2023, 11pm
Interview date: Mid May 2023
For an informal discussion, please contact: Rob Curtis, Transport Planning Team Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer