- Employer: Surrey County Council
- Reference: orbis/TP/819/31303
- Published: Thu 23/03/2023, 11:07 AM
- Closing on: Thu 20/04/2023, 12:07 PM
- Working Pattern: Term Time
- Hours: 33 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
- Salary: Up to £23197 per annum
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Esher
More InformationMore about this employer
Higher Level Education Assistant
The starting salary for this role is £23,197 per annum (£29,291 FTE) per annum for working 33 hours per week, 39 weeks per year.
All roles are term time only, fixed term contracts for 12 months in the first instance. We are willing to offer reduced working hours for the right candidate.
Roles are currently available in North East, Surrey. Successful candidates will be expected to travel extensively around the area, including Epsom and Ewell, Spelthorne, and Elmbridge. You must therefore have a full driving licence and the use of a car. The NE office is based in Esher.
The Access to Education Service is looking to expand our student support team. The A2E Service is a dynamic, interim service that supports children and young people with additional needs, who are not accessing their full statutory entitlement of education. Many of our students have complex SEN needs, mental wellbeing issues and/or challenging behaviour. Current pupil needs include SEMH, ASD, ADHD, PDA, SLD, SpLD and LAN.
We are currently recruiting experienced and creative Higher Level Education Assistants to provide individual and small group teaching to students aged 5-16, who are out of school.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience of supporting a range of complex SEN needs. ELSA and/or EBSNA training/experience would beneficial but not essential
- Is effective at building supportive and nurturing relationships with vulnerable young people
- Is able to work flexibly both on their own and as part of a team
- Can engage and build strong effective relationships with all partners and the wider community
- Has substantial experience of working with vulnerable children and young people
- Has excellent IT skills (with knowledge and experience of using a Virtual Learning Environment)
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 17/04/2023 with interviews to follow.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit the advert on the employer site.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.