- Employer: Surrey Heath Borough Council
- Reference: I&D/23/233766
- Published: Thu 23/03/2023, 11:19 AM
- Closing on: Mon 17/04/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £51,074 - £57,097 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Surrey Heath House, Camberley, Hybrid Working, Surrey, Hampshire
More InformationMore about this employer
Join Surrey Heath Borough Council and be part of an organisation who is committed to delivery through meaningful community engagement and excellent customer service. We have a friendly and supportive staff culture with people who want to help make a real difference in our community for everyone that lives and works here. We welcome a culture of innovation and creativity by welcoming new ideas from everyone.
About the Role
An opportunity has arisen for a confident and motivated individual to assist with town centre regeneration projects and borough wide development within the Investment and Development Service.
This role will have responsibility for:
- Planning and managing a variety of projects within the borough including retail, leisure, community, industrial and office
- Undertaking project feasibility studies and viability assessments
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Management of external consultants
- Preparing reports and briefing notes for senior leadership and board meetings
- Undertaking budget monitoring and reconciliation for the projects
- Property and land disposal and acquisitions
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree or relevant qualification
- Town centre regeneration experience
- Project management experience (client side)
- Effective communication skills
- Understanding of public sector governance
We are committed to providing a healthy work life balance for our employees, with hybrid working and other flexible working arrangements on offer. A laptop and mobile phone will be provided for your role, if applicable. We offer a generous benefits package including a minimum of 23 days’ annual leave rising to 28 days after 5 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays, a generous local government pension scheme, free parking for all employees and payment of a professional membership fee. As well as subsidised gym membership at our local Places Leisure Centre and great savings from supermarkets, shopping, cycle to work schemes and holidays via the My Staff Shop scheme.
Closing date: 17 April 2023
Interview date: 25 April 2023
For an informal discussion, please contact Martin Breeden, Head of Investment and Development on 01276 707596, firstname.lastname@example.org
Surrey Heath Borough Council is committed to equality of opportunity in employment and service delivery and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
NO AGENCY CALLS PLEASE