- Employer: London Borough of Enfield
- Reference: RES-000473
- Published: Thu 23/03/2023, 15:43 PM
- Closing on: Mon 03/04/2023, 16:43 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: To be confirmed
- Salary: £41,456 - £52,493
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Enfield
IT Project Manager
Overview: This is a great opportunity to join a successful, high performing Team, in an ambitious Council that is always striving to move forward.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Project Manager working within Digital Services delivering a variety of projects within a portfolio in excess of £30m over the next 5 years. These projects will deliver a wide range of services to over 350k residents. Programmes within the portfolio include ERP, Unified Communications, Platform Consolidation, End User Computing, Cyber Security in addition to continuous improvement of existing services. Technologies used are as varied as the programmes we deliver including a cloud first approach, SaaS, PaaS, TaaS so prior experience in any of these would be welcome though we also encourage you to learn and develop throughout your career within Enfield. You will also be working closely with various areas of the Business to help them adopt new technologies and ways of working rather than adapting the technology to work in their current
If you believe you can make a difference and want to work with a wide range of technologies and projects, then we would love to hear from you.
The Project Manager will report to the Senior Project Manager in Strategic Portfolio & Projects within Digital Services and have accountability for managing the project teams and delivering technology enabled projects both directly and through a team of Project Resources throughout the Council.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Deliver the Council's technology enabled innovation and strategic projects centred around Business and Digital Services initiatives
- Ensure all projects are managed and delivered according to prevailing governance with particular emphasis on financial management
- Engage with third party to ensure they deliver to time, cost and quality required for all our projects
- To be responsible for developing and managing key stakeholder relationships required to deliver projects working with these to help them adopt the new technologies
- To continually develop systems, processes, and governance to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the department and project delivery
- Lead and support project resources
- Deliver projects using AGILE, Waterfall or Hybrid models
- Drive standards and compliance to meet ISO standards and ITILV4
About you: we are passionate about placing our customer at the heart of everything we do, and our residents deserve exceptional customer experience from the Council. We would like you to hold that principle, be bold and enthusiastic. You will be someone who has a good understanding of change in a complex organisation, and has excellent communication skills,
Find out why it’s great to work for Enfield Council… click here
Our culture: We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest, and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working.
Contact Details -
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Charlotte O'Sullivan on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
- 1 month paid sabbatical for Children’s Social Workers
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you have previously applied for this role within the past 6 months, unfortunately, a second application will not be considered.
We do not see your name or title when shortlisting your application. This is one of many initiatives to build a more talented and diverse workforce. However, if you put your name on your CV or Statement it will be visible to us. For this reason, we ask that you do not include your name on these documents. Please note it is your responses to the Essential/Desirable criteria that will determine if you are shortlisted for an interview, therefore we encourage you to always address the essential and desirable criteria in your application.