- Employer: London Borough of Enfield
- Reference: RES-000336
- Published: Fri 24/03/2023, 10:41 AM
- Closing on: Mon 10/04/2023, 11:41 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: To be confirmed
- Salary: £55,421 - £73,256 pa
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Enfield
Head of Business Portfolio
Ths is a great opportunity to join a successful, high performing Team, in an ambitious Council that is always striving to move forward.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated technology delivery professional to lead and manage the delivery of a £35m complex portfolio of technological change initiatives. Your role will support the Head of Strategic Portfolio & Projects to develop and deliver the next step in our journey as the technology delivery service for the Council.
You will have experience of direct and matrix management of a diverse team of subject matter experts, contractor/interim staff and partner organisations. The programmes / projects will affect and improve the customer experience for our residents, internal business services and third-party partners such as blue light and NHS.
The programmes include as example; Unified Communications, Platform & Application consolidation, End user compute & Smart mobile devices and Cyber security in addition to the continuous improvement of existing services including the Customer Platform.
You will be working closely with various areas of the business to help them adopt new technologies and ways of working rather than adapting the technology to work in their current ways, so experience of business change is advantageous.
If you believe you can make a difference, assist in developing and leading on the next step in our journey, then we would love to hear from you.
The Head of Business Portfolio will report to the Head of Service for Strategic Portfolio & Projects within Digital Services and have accountability for the successful delivery of the assigned portfolio against the approved Cabinet Report.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Strategic development of the service
- Lead and deliver a complex technically diverse portfolio of business technological change initiatives
- Develop a strategic improvement plan for the delivery of the Business Portfolio
- Collaborate in the strategic development of the overall service through, but not exclusive to:
- Developing trusted relationships across all business areas and associated third party partners
- Working with other portfolio managers, developing the people, process / policies and technology / tools that enable high performance delivery
- Identify problems within the function / portfolio to enable proactive remediation or develop an approach to provide improvement addressing the problem before it becomes an issue
- Absorb complex business, technical and financial information and capable of communicating effectively at all levels
- Oversight and assurance for all portfolio finances
- Hold commercial reviews with third party Partners / Suppliers of significant contract value >£1m
- Lead and manage a resource pool of diverse subject matter experts
- Matrix Manage a diverse range of subject matter experts that support the delivery lifecycle of programmes and projects within the portfolio
- Develop a strategic improvement plan for the delivery in collaboration with other heads of service
About you: we are passionate about placing our customer at the heart of everything we do, and our residents deserve exceptional customer experience from the Council. We would like you to hold that principle, be bold and enthusiastic. You will be someone who has a good understanding of change in a complex organisation, and has excellent communication skills.
Contact Details -
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Kevin Moir on 07971037266 for an informal discussion
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Claire Turner, Senior Recruitment Advisor on 0208 132 1024 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
- 1 month paid sabbatical for Children’s Social Workers
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
We do not see your name or title when shortlisting your application. This is one of many initiatives to build a more talented and diverse workforce. However, if you put your name on your CV or Statement it will be visible to us. For this reason, we ask that you do not include your name on these documents.
Please note it is your responses to the Essential/Desirable criteria, as detailed in the Job Description and Person Specification which is available on the job advert, that will determine if you are shortlisted for an interview, therefore we encourage you to always address the essential and desirable criteria in your application/CV.