- Employer: All Saints Catholic High School
- Reference: SVP 0566
- Published: Fri 24/03/2023, 12:38 PM
- Closing on: Mon 17/04/2023, 12:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
- Salary: £20,812 - £21,189 per annum
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Roughwood Drive, Kirkby, Lancashire
IT Technician Level 1
All Saints Catholic High School is an oversubscribed secondary school in the borough of Knowsley. All Saints is a Catholic voluntary aided high school, which serves the community of Kirkby. We will provide a Christian education for all pupils based on the teachings of Jesus and the spirit of the Gospel.
The whole life of the school will be determined by the Gospel values of love and justice. We will always value and care for all members of the All Saints community according to their needs and will affirm and nurture the development of all. We believe this can only truly be realised in partnership with parents, the parishes and the wider community.
Due to increased popularity of the school we are looking at making a number of new appointments within the school.
The Governing Body of All Saints Catholic High School wish to appoint
IT Technician Level 1
52 weeks per year / 36 hours per week
Pay Band C / SCP 3 – 4
£20,812 to £21,189 per annum
Reporting to the IT Manager this technical role has specific focus on the school’s IT helpdesk systems responding to IT issues, along with resolution of first line issues and equipment maintenance.
To take responsibility and be accountable for the following:
- To provide Technical Support for the resolution of First Line issues
- To provide Technical Support and assistance to 2nd and 3rd line support staff
- Triage calls to the IT Helpdesk and assign tickets appropriately
- To facilitate the smooth running and maintenance of the School’s IT Helpdesk
- To assist in maintaining and updating the Helpdesk database
- To assist in maintaining and updating software and hardware
- Ensuring that copyright and data protection laws are upheld
- To maintain stock, software licences, anti-virus and servicing records
- Assist in the production of documentation for hardware and software
- To work and ensure equipment is within guidelines set out within the school’s Health and Safety Policy
- To carry out the duties of the post in line with the School’s policies on Equal Opportunities, and to ensure that staff within the service are fully conversant and act within these policies
- To carry out any other relevant and appropriate duties within the framework of a post of this grade that may arise from time to time, and at a location to be determined by the needs of the service
All Saints Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding, to promoting the welfare of children and adhering to the Equality Act 2010. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
By engaging in this recruitment process, shortlisted candidates consent to an online search in line with the Keeping Children Safe in Education Guidance 2022.
If you would like any further information about the post please contact the school on (0151) 477 8740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 17th April 2023, at 12 noon
For an appointment to visit the school please contact the school