- Employer: Winchester City Council
- Reference: WCC/23/234886
- Published: Fri 31/03/2023, 10:24 AM
- Closing on: Sun 16/04/2023, 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £34,723.00 to £39,493.00
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Winchester, Southampton, Hampshire, Basingstoke, Andover
Housing Options Officer
Closing date: 16th April 2023
Interview date: 28th April 2023
Temporary 18 Month Contract
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who can help us deliver an established prevention-focused housing options service.
This is a varied and challenging role and you will need to demonstrate excellent interpersonal, decision making and organisational skills in order to meet the demands of the post.
You will work as part of an experienced team of officers, managing your own caseload interviewing and assessing households in housing need, using a range of techniques to prevent homelessness or proactively working with a household to help them find a new home.
The successful candidate should have an understanding of the council's statutory homelessness functions as you will be required to implement the duties of the council under the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017, making complex legal decisions and securing temporary accommodation, where necessary.
You will also hold the skills and experience to foster effective working relationships with a wide range of partner agencies, including the voluntary and statutory sectors, to collaboratively resolve homelessness.
If you feel you have the necessary skills to undertake this role we would like to hear from you. In return, we offer an excellent package of benefits including:
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Salary sacrifice scheme for cars and bikes
- 26 days annual leave per year rising to 33 days - dependent on length of service
- Flexible working arrangements
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking at any Winchester Park and Ride (during work hours)
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounts at a range of major high street brands and the two leisure centres in the district
- Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
For further information about the role and requirements please see the Job Description. You will be required to undertake a DBS check and meet the travel requirements of the post.
If you would like to find out more information about the post, please contact Charlotte Quinn, Housing Options Manager on 01962 848 399 or email email@example.com or Tara Hourigan Senior Housing Options Officer on 01962 848 399 firstname.lastname@example.org.