Our outstanding school is set at the heart of a vibrant Cheshire town with a strong community spirit. Our values of curious, responsible, active, respectful, creative, and brave are the golden thread running through everything we do. Children, parents, governors and staff are inspired by teaching and learning and individuals are motivated and committed to being the best they can be. Whilst academic success is a real strength of the school, we cultivate a love of learning with a broad and balanced curriculum that offers enrichment opportunities and experiences that regularly make the school buzz with excitement.
We seek an inspirational Deputy Headteacher who shares our vision of a school community which celebrates diversity and sustainability and nurtures a lifelong love of learning, enabling all its children to discover the champion within. Ideally the successful candidate will join us for a September 2023 start.
Our new Deputy Headteacher should be committed to:
- The safeguarding and welfare of children in their care.
- Working alongside the headteacher to collaborate with all stakeholders and promoting effective communication with staff, children and parents.
- Further developing an exciting, enriching and challenging curriculum that enables measurable pupil progression.
- Ensuring the highest professional educational standards are provided by our outstanding team of staff by enabling appropriate and challenging professional development opportunities.
- Keeping our school at the heart of the community and actively promoting its growth.
We would like our new Deputy Headteacher to:
- Value the contribution of a wide and varied extra-curricular provision to pupils’ learning.
- Encourage development and celebrate all successes.
- Embrace their position within our hard-working team of staff and pupils, looking after the wellbeing of both.
- Be a firm leader and great communicator, with a warm approachable nature and the ability to lead by example.
Visits to the school are welcomed and applicants can visit from 4:30pm on 18th or 24th May, strictly by prior arrangement with the school. Please contact the school to arrange an appointment, details below.
Applications to be obtained from: Download below or Lower Park School Tel: 01625 872560
Applications to be returned to:
Mrs Buchan at Lower Park School Email: email@example.com
Applicant Q&A and school visit from 4:30pm on 18th or 24th May. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01625 872560 to arrange.
Advertisement closure: 11th June 2023 at 12 noon.
Shortlisting: week commencing 12th June 2023
Activities Day: 29th June 2023
Interview Day: 30th June 2023
You are asked to provide a supporting letter with your application form. Please do not restate the factual details already included elsewhere on the application form. The successful applicant will be subject to the conditions of employment for Deputy Headteachers contained in the current School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions document 2020 and other current education and employment legislation.
Lower Park School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (as amended in 2013 and 2020) and as such, any cautions, convictions or bind-overs that are ‘protected’ will need to be disclosed by shortlisted applicants when requested. All staff appointments are subject to satisfactory safer recruitment checks including an enhanced DBS and barred list check.