This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, enthusiastic, person to join North Somerset Council’s Children’s Centres and Family Hubs team to provide business support cover across all our sites, when needed. This is a 6-month, fixed term contract. If you have previous experience working in busy community environments, providing welcoming and supportive initial contact for customers, we would like to meet you.
North Somerset Council are developing Family Hubs to provide seamless accessible support to families with children aged 0-19, (25 with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities).
You will be:
- Dealing with all administrative tasks for the Children’s Centre, and Family Hubs.
- Working in an environment, where children and families attend
- Working in partnership with parents and carers to offer an accessible and welcoming environment
- Working as part of the Family Wellbeing team, partner agencies and community groups
- Supporting the quality of the Children’s Centres, and Family Hubs
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
This role is to work with the Family Wellbeing Intervention Team Leader, and to support this work, we are looking for the following skills and knowledge:
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
- A broad knowledge and understanding of administrative systems.
- To be able to work independently to resolve problems and queries.
- Previous office and finance experience
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Tracey Wells, Family Wellbeing Locality Team Manager on 07766 366110.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: Thursday 15 June 2023.
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
North Somerset Council - Open, Fairer, Greener.