At the Rainham Mark Education Trust, our core purpose is:
To cultivate wisdom, character and strength in students so they can understand, celebrate and shape the world in which they live.
We believe that education is the wise, hopeful and respectful cultivation of learning and change undertaken in the belief that we should all have the chance to share in life.
This is why we exist. This is what we do. This is who we are.
We are a family of 3 Academies in Gillingham, Medway, compromising:
Rainham Mark Grammar School. Ofsted ‘Good’ May 2022
Riverside Primary School and Nursery. Ofsted ‘Good’ November 2019
Twydall Primary School and Nursery. Ofsted ‘Requires Improvement’ May 2021
Why work for RMET?
Our Trust is in a very exciting stage of its development, having recently re-aligned and strengthened our central team; relaunched our vision; and established an ambitious future strategy. In being part of our team, you will benefit from:
- Support from a vast network of senior leaders and teachers within the school and our Trust
- Regular planned opportunities to collaborate and share best practice with other RMET schools
- Working with a team of friendly, dedicated and hardworking staff and Trustees
- An outstanding offer of CPD opportunities within and across schools
- A sharp focus on staff well-being to include Health Care provision and access to gym facilities.
RMET is committed to the protection, well-being and safety of its students and staff.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer who embrace diversity.
All posts are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure, suitable references, medical clearance and appropriate qualifications.
We are a mainstream community school, which is part of the Rainham Mark Education Trust family of schools. The Trust comprises of Twydall Primary School, Riverside Primary School and Rainham Mark Grammar School. The school has an integrated specialist provision for a small number of children with Physical Disabilities.
The key values held by our school community add to the success and inclusive nature of the school. These are Curiosity, Happiness, Aspiration, Respect, Articulacy, Community, Teamwork, Equality and Resilience – ‘Character’.
About the Role & Who we are looking for
We are looking to appoint an inspirational Headteacher to lead our school on its continuing improvement journey.
The successful applicant will work under the direction of the Director of Primary Education and collaboratively with the other primary school in the trust.
The successful candidate will be a Senior Leader with a proven track record of raising standards of achievement for all pupils by ensuring high quality teaching, effective systems of monitoring and assessment, and the creative use of resources so that pupils are enabled to overcome barriers and become independent learners. The successful candidate, will model high expectations and be committed to providing support for children’s welfare, and the inclusion of all pupils in all aspects of school life.
As Headteacher, you will be expected to coach and inspire our dedicated staff in order to build high quality teaching and learning across the school and enhance our broad, balanced and creative curriculum which is designed to engage all children, stimulate their curiosity and encourage a love of learning that will grow with them. You will be expected to lead by example, demonstrating an understanding of behaviour as a form of communication, whilst holding high expectations and supporting children to achieve.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a proven track record of inspiring and empowering those around them to raise standards
- Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour and believe that every child can succeed
- Have a clear vision to develop the school and the skills and determination to achieve this
- Have an excellent understanding of how to develop an effective primary curriculum
- Be committed to working in partnership with parents and the community to provide a safe and caring environment which allows pupils to develop socially, emotionally and academically
In turn we can offer:
- Committed, happy, friendly and supportive staff
- Enthusiastic children