We have two positions available. One part time and one full time.
Location Askew Library Hours: 37.5 Full-time Salary: £31500 per annum Type of Contract: Fixed Term up 31/03/2025 with extension subject to performance
Location Avonmore Library Hours: 22.5 hours per week - Part time Salary: £18900 per annum - pro-rata Type of Contract: Fixed Term up 31/03/2025 with extension subject to performance
Citizens Advice Hammersmith and Fulham (CAHF) is a busy, dynamic award winning. Service. We deliver a variety of projects via face to face and digital media. Since 2012 we have delivered a volunteer led community library service at Avonmore Library.
We will soon run a second run a second community focused library at Askew Road. To support CAHF community library delivery at both libraries, we are introducing the role of Community Library Coordinator.
Purpose Of The Role:
Our community library service is a hub for the local community, which provides a wide range of activities to library users of all ages across the week.
The Community library Coordinator role will be to oversee the delivery of the library service, using volunteers. A key part of the role is working with and supporting volunteers to deliver the service. You will also need to work with a wide range of community partners to deliver events and information sessions to enhance the community library service offer to the local community.
About You - You will have strong interpersonal skills and enthusiasm for working in the library sector. You will be confident in working with a diverse set of users and stakeholders. You will need strong customer service and communication skills. Library work experience, although desirable, is not essential.
The Roles Require:
● Good level of community awareness with experience of working with diverse community
● Excellent customer care skills
● Interest in literacy and reading.
● Ability to induct and support library volunteers.
● Ability to confidently provide digital support to library users.
● Ability to oversee the library events calendar and work with new and existing partners to develop additional community focus activities.
● Ability to adapt and respond to complex, ever-changing environment, taking opportunities to improve the way things are done.
No one day is the same and having a positive and flexible attitude is important to this role. The Full-time Coordinator role includes evening library sessions (twice a week) and Saturday delivery.
The Part-time Library Coordinator role includes rota Saturday delivery at Askew Road and occasional evening delivery.
Interview and Test: Saturday 24th June 2023 (fixed date)