An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Separated Migrant Children's team for a dynamic Team Manager to join our management group to meet the needs of these Children & Care Leavers.
You will be leading a Team consisting of Social Workers, and Leaving Care Personal Advisors, supporting Separated Migrant Children who become Looked After and are transitioning to adulthood as Care Leavers. These teams are responsible for Separated Migrant Children upon their arrival in Hertfordshire and this approach allows us to offer a consistent & supportive response to this vulnerable group.
You will be responsible for the safeguarding of young people, working in partnership with other services, undertaking assessments, supporting independent living skills and will encourage participation & feedback, to name just a few of the things you will do!
You will be joining a highly supportive and management group working with Separated Migrant Children & Care Leavers. You will have the opportunity to specialise in Separated Migrant Children and receive relevant training for the role.
Every day is different in this role and the work is fast paced but rewarding!
- Qualified Social Worker registered with Social Work England
- Line management experience
- Knowledge of legislation, guidance, policy, and procedures
- Ability to support teams to complete robust assessments & to & manage assess risk
- Ability to work in a relationship-based way
- Understanding of equality and diversity in Social Work
- Ability to input and maintain accurate computerised information and records
- Ability to work on own initiative managing and prioritising own workload under pressure
- Knowledge/experience of working with Separated Migrant Children
- Knowledge of legislation, guidance, policy, and procedure specific to Separated Migrant Children
- Knowledge/experience of working with children and young people subject to or at risk of exploitation including modern day slavery and trafficking
- Knowledge/experience of working with Care Leavers
You will work within a highly supportive management team, with access to excellent supervision and training opportunities. You will be central in supporting Separated Migrant Children as Children Looked After, settling into life in the UK alongside their asylum claims and transitioning into adulthood.
Interviews will be arranged on an ad hoc basis