Job Title: Senior Admin Support Officer -Customer and Systems Support
Starting Salary: £27,344 progressing to £30,151 pa - Pay increase pending
Hours: 37 per week
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
This is an exciting opportunity to join Hertfordshire Music Service (HMS) working as part of a great team who provide musical opportunities for all of Hertfordshire’s children and young people, regardless of background or circumstances, to have the opportunity to discover or develop their unique musical voice and express themselves through the language of music.
The HMS ‘Musical Voices’ vision for 2020-30 aims to ensure all young people in Hertfordshire can discover their own unique musical voice as well as HMS becoming a fully inclusive music service
The Customer Support and Operations team work closely and collaboratively together to support the continued delivery of high-quality musical provision and achieve the aims of the ‘Musical Voices’ vision.
Through managing the provision of administrative duties associated with the customer journey, you will enable accurate invoicing for instrumental lessons, respond to queries from customers and internal stakeholders in a timely manner, and investigating invoice queries and customer complaints where necessary.
The post holder will provide daily assistance to the Customer Support team, such as managing databases, spreadsheets and providing reports.
Assisting the Customer Support team will include training and responding to more complex customer invoice queries and complaints, which will require attention to detail, professional discretion, and a positive outcome-led approach.
Learning and using a new database with confidence and sensitivity when supporting the Team Leader with reporting information and preparing data to support with team tasks.
- Great customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Fantastic verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills are essential to this role with an aptitude to think beyond the initial problem, identifying other potential financial implications.
- Strong organisation and administrative skills with the ability to work independently and multitask.
- MS Office software, in particular Excel
You will provide operational support so that children and young people across Hertfordshire can develop their musical voice. You will be working for a very friendly team who provide support to each other with a ‘can do’ attitude where your day will be varied, full, and rewarding.
Closing Date: 22nd October 2023
Interview Date: week commencing 30th October 2023
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Linda Small, email@example.com
Benefits of working for us:
• Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
• Excellent Career Development
• Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
• Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
• Shopping Discounts
• Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post (for those whose language is a signed language the provision of a sign language interpreter who speaks English to the necessary standard of fluency will be required). Further information about the legal requirement can be found here.
CS Roles Only: We expect all Children Services employees to fulfil Hertfordshire's Professional Promise for how children, young people & young adults with special educational needs and / or disabilities and their families should be treated. It is our agreement to place families and children at the centre of what we do, and helps parents and carers to understand and be able to hold us to account for how we provide our services. For further information please visit: ‘Professional Promise’
How to Apply
As part of the application, you will be required to upload your most recent CV ensuring gaps in employment have been addressed and asked to answer the 4 key questions which are located at the end of the advert and a template can be found in the 'Available Documents'.
1. Please provide an example of a problem you have solved at work including the steps that you took to bring this to a successful resolution
2. What experience do you have in investigating and responding in writing to customer queries? Please detail the key considerations you would use in your response to the customer.
3. Describe a time where you have provided support to a team, including operating within organisational processes
4. This role requires good numeracy skills to respond to customer invoice queries and to manipulate data to facilitate other administrative tasks. Please give an example of where you have demonstrated these skills.
If you do not provide answers to the questions and upload to your application, your application will be rejected.