The starting salary for this position is £13,948.50 per annum, based on working 18-hours per week.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Surrey Family Information Service as a Digital Assistant.
Your duties will include:
- Creating, managing, reviewing and proof-reading web pages and Directory entries on the Family Information Service and Local Offer website and Directories.
- Using appropriate software, undertaking quality assurance tasks, to ensure the website and Directory function effectively.
- Assist with user testing of the Family Information Service and Local Offer website and Directories.
- Support relevant team members with managing enquiries from staff, partners and providers relating to the Family Information Service and Local Offer website and Directories.
- Support relevant team members with projects and other tasks relating to the Family Information Service and Local Offer website and Directories.
To be considered for this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues faced by families of 0-25-year-olds in Surrey including in relation to Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND), Early Help, early years, education, vulnerable families, mental and physical health and wellbeing.
- Understanding of the importance of and opportunities available through the use the digital tools including websites, social media and online databases for imparting essential information to families and professionals.
- Understanding of and ability to write, create and proofread 'accessible' information and advice materials for websites and other mediums.
- Experience of working in an information advice and guidance service that provides a range of self-service tools.
- Able to demonstrate adaptability, a quick to learn and proactive approach.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 10/10/2023 with interviews to follow.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit the advert on the employer site.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.