Service Manager – Operational Safeguarding Manager
Adult Social Care #proudtocare
Who are we?
Sefton is a diverse and exciting local authority that is on an ambitious journey as they work towards delivering its exciting Sefton 2030 Vision. This journey is shared with our partners and communities as we strive to ensure Sefton is a confident and connected Borough.
Sefton as a Place to Live and Work
Boasting 22 miles of stunning coastline, Sefton is a leading coastal tourist destination with a flourishing visitor economy. Spanning from the busy Port of Liverpool, from the famous Antony Gormley’s ‘Another Place’ installation to the attractive beaches and dunes, and the resort town of Southport, the diversity of the Borough provides a unique mix of urban and natural setting. This is an exciting Borough where people can enjoy a great work-life balance. With excellent transport links, Sefton is well placed for accessing cities across the Northwest, including Liverpool, Manchester and areas such as the Wirral, Halton and Knowsley.
This is an exciting time to come and work with us. We want to hear from people who possess drive and passion for safeguarding our most vulnerable residents.
Our Vision and Journey so far….
Sefton Adult Social Care have high aspirations for the service to work with our most vulnerable residents to complete excellent person-centred and high-quality assessments, the outcomes of which will positively impact on well-being and support people to live healthier lives. We are in the process of expanding our early intervention and prevention offer to our residents, using innovative approaches and the latest technological solutions.
This is a critical juncture in time for Sefton and its Integration Journey. We have already formally established our Sefton Partnership, bringing together Health and Social Care in Sefton to plan, resource, deliver and continually improve Health and Care Services with the ambition of improving the Health and Wellbeing of our residents, reducing duplication and unwarranted variation, driving up quality and improving the experience of those that need our Care and Support. Being part of our dedicated Social Care workforce means being a key part of achieving this, working across boundaries to act as one team with the outcome of the individual at our heart.
Sefton Adult Social Care are seeking a committed and dynamic individual to be their Operational Service Manager over several key services including the Safeguarding Team, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Team, Substance Misuse Team and the Advanced Practitioner for Safeguarding. Ideally the individual will have the drive and enthusiasm to keep our most vulnerable resident safe and delivering the principles of making safeguarding personal. The ideal candidate will be accustomed to chairing complex meetings which result in high quality and clear action plans.
The successful candidate will be involved in the implementation of quality frameworks which will ensure robust risk management and be key in the preparation for the Care Quality Commission assurance framework. They will lead on key areas of service transformation and working with system partners, translate national policy into local development and delivery; ensuring best practice is implemented.
The role will provide essential strategic leadership to ensure the protection of vulnerable adults within the Borough and ensure that statutory Safeguarding duties under the Care Act (2014) are implemented and the principles of Making Safeguarding Personal are adhered too.
What we require from you:
- Social Work Degree or equivalent Social Work Qualification
- Management experience, preferably in the Safeguarding field but this is not essential.
- Current registration with Social Work England.
- The motivation and desire to impart your extensive social work knowledge, experience, skills and practice standards to Social Workers.
- Exceptional knowledge of the Care Act.
- Ability to undertake one-one and group reflective supervision.
- Ability to offer challenge where there are concerns around practice.
- Proven record of chairing complex meetings.
- Ability to understand and demonstrate a commitment to equality and diversity.
- Ability to effectively undertake partnership working with all our stakeholders and further develop these relationships.
- Commitment to your own personal development and professional growth.
Our offer to you
- To be part of an established, caring, and welcoming team.
- Access to good quality, monthly, reflective supervision.
- A comprehensive induction programme.
- A wide variety of career progression routes bespoke to individual training and development needs as identified in annual PDRs (Personal Development Reviews)
- Excellent training and career development opportunities.
- Partnership with Research in Practice, providing access to online webinars, podcasts and materials linked to the latest research and policy updates to support your CPD (Continuing Professional Development) and inform evidence-based reports
- 28 days annual leave rising to 33 days after 5 years continual service plus 8 bank holidays
- Enhanced sick pay, maternity/adoption leave pay and maternity support leave schemes.
- Excellent pension scheme.
- Opportunities for agile/flexible working
- Access to free eye tests and where appropriate, contribution towards glasses.
- Discounted gym membership with all Active Sefton gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to local benefits and discounts on products and services
- Hybrid working e.g., the ability to work from home or office for some part of the working week.
- Occupational Health Service available to advise on work related health issues.
- Commitment to supporting your emotional and mental health with access to a free and confidential employee counselling service.
- Assistance with relocation if eligible.
- Access to our Practice Forum.
How to apply
Please note, we do not access CV’s.
If you have any questions regarding the role, please ring Jennifer De Ornellas on 07813543378
If successful, you will also be required to apply for an Enhanced Criminal Record Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults across the Borough. As such the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act relating to the non-disclosure of spent convictions do not apply to this job. YOU MUST THEREFORE, DISCLOSE WHETHER YOU HAVE ANY PREVIOUS CONVICTIONS IN THE APPLICATION FORM.
Please note that all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for these jobs (as given in the Person Specification) and who want to apply under the Disability Confident Scheme will be invited to interview.