JOB TITLE: Tutor – Pottery
HOURS: Part-time, sessional adult education tutors (term-time only)
SALARY: Hourly pay rates vary from £19.01 for unqualified teachers, to a maximum of £24.03 for non-accredited courses and between £21.77 and £30.74 on accredited provision dependent on qualifications, experience as well as subjects and levels taught. This includes preparation and marking time and up to 4 meetings per year.
Learning & Enterprise College Bexley is a large community learning and skills provider and Bexley Council’s main provider of adult learning, providing courses, guidance and support to over 5000 students and over 9000 enrolments. The College offers over 1000 part-time courses across the borough including learning programmes from 44 outreach venues including schools and community centres and we are constantly reviewing and expanding our programme.
We are looking for an innovative and ambitious tutor in the following area to join us for the academic year 2019/20:
• Arts & Crafts: pottery for mixed abilities with an ability to teach up to a very advanced level including advanced techniques and throwing (at least one evening a week), mosaics mostly in outreach during day-time
You must also hold either:
• A relevant qualification/experience in your subject area equivalent to level 3 or as required by relevant Awarding Organisation; or
• Hold or have the willingness to work towards, within the first year of employment, a minimum of a level 4 Award in Education and Training, or the full Diploma in Education and Training(DET)
• A minimum of level 2 in English, Maths and ICT or equivalent (Maths and English screening tests will be completed at interview).
Please state your approximate availability in your application. You should be willing to work days, twilight, evenings and on Saturdays if required.
In return for an excellent salary and benefits package we can offer you:
• Support to achieve a recognised teaching qualification with us.
• MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – includes Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes
• Closing Date for your application: 23/08/2019
• Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
• Interviews are anticipated to take place from w/c 02/09/2019
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
About the College: www.lecb.ac.uk
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers, and on LinkedIn under Bexley Careers