ADVANCED PRACTITIONER (SOCIAL WORK PRACTICE & DEVELOPMENT)
North East Lincolnshire Council’s Children’s Services are committed to achieving best outcomes for children, young people and families. To support that ambition, we created a team of three (Practice and Development) Advanced Practitioners, (reporting directly to our Principal Children’s & Families Social Worker), who lead on, and contribute to, a broad range of practice and workforce projects designed to support the delivery of excellent practice, professional development and the well-being of our social workers.
We are looking for a qualified Social Worker with at least four years post qualifying experience who:-
Is a confident practitioner with high levels of professional knowledge and exemplary practice
- Is able to develop and maintain effective and mutually beneficial working relationships with senior and peer colleagues and other professionals, able to provide objective challenge when appropriate
- Has a genuine interest in developing and supporting the practice of our professional workforce
- Role models professional behaviours and a positive outlook
- Is organised, self-motivated and emotionally resilient
- Is able to work flexibly and be adaptable when working in an environment where priorities can change quickly
- Has a keen eye for detail and the necessary skills to research best and emerging practice and translate into sustainable operational process & practice
- Is confident in delivering training, mentoring others and providing professional case supervision when needed
The role has a broad remit which adapts to meet the needs of the service, but its focus is to lead in the professional and practice development of our workforce. To do this you will need a broad understanding and knowledge of the national and regional Children’s social work landscape and an appreciation of the challenges and opportunities of working in a partnership context.
You will also support the development of reflective and relationship based practice; facilitate learning opportunities and develop relationships and networks internal and external to the organisation, all designed to improve the delivery of front line services.
Working closely with NQSWs as they begin their social work career, you will advocate good practice and create a learning environment which enables them to increase their skills, knowledge and confidence.
Why work for North East Lincolnshire?
- Strong management support from a leadership team committed to developing and driving excellence in practice across Children’s Services
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the children and families in need of our support and intervention
- Commitment to reducing the demand for Social Care and supporting families with the Early Help provision, together with excellent working relationships with Locality and Early Help Managers to deliver better services
- A commitment to your professional development with opportunities to access Management Development programmes, professional training and coaching or mentoring
- A commitment to regular, effective and reflective supervision
- A commitment to achieving low, manageable caseloads for Social Workers
- A competitive salary with generous holiday entitlement, excellent terms and conditions and opportunities for flexible working
- Payment of HCPC fees and a range of other staff benefits
- Membership of a Local Government Pension Scheme
- An excellent working environment in attractive, modern offices with a seafront location in a busy and vibrant east coast resort.
If we have Piqued your interest for this exciting, varied and challenging role and you feel that you have the energy, ambition and required levels of professional expertise to take it on, then we would be delighted to hear from you!
If you are interested in finding out more about our vision for the future, the jobs on offer or what we can offer you, then please contact the Principal Child and Family Social Worker Sarah Impey tel 01472 323303.
We will also accept CV's. If applying with a CV please email your completed CV and covering letter to: PeopleandCulture-General@NLBusinessConnect.co.uk
The closing date for return of completed applications is midnight on Wednesday 4th September. For those short-listed, the assessment date is scheduled for Friday 20th September.