Position Type: Design and Technology Technician
Pay Range: Scale 3 (FTE - £21,591)
Position Start Date: As soon as Possible
Contract Type: Negotiable up to 30 hours a week, 39 weeks a year
Contract Term: Permanent
Application Close: 27th August 2019
Why Marshalls Park Academy?
We are seeking an enthusiastic and reliable person who has initiative and self-motivation to join our busy Design and Technology Department. The successful candidate will provide an effective support to the teaching staff within the subject area of Design & Technology, operating both independently and as part of a team, within agreed procedures and timescales, and forming good working relationships with both staff and pupils.
As a Design and Technology technician, your tasks would include;
- preparing, setting up and checking equipment
- supporting teaching staff and students during lessons
- putting away equipment after lessons
- ensuring a safe environment
- organising and storing equipment and checking stock
- repairing, maintaining and modifying equipment
- administrative tasks
We are a Multi Academy Trust who wish to ensure our profession remains supportive and exciting, and we welcome all candidates including those embarking on their first stage of their career. This is an exciting time to join SWECET, which was established in 2015 with the belief that every young person in our community needs and deserves an education that will maximise their future life chances.
- In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive training and development opportunities supported by Thurrock Teaching School Alliance
- Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression
- Reduced gym membership at a Trust school
- Becoming part of a growing organisation
- A health and wellbeing package
- A two week October half term.
If you have energy and passion in abundance and would relish the opportunity to be part of our team, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please return your completed application form to:
c/o William Edwards School
Stifford Clays Road
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.