Principal Planning Officer (Policy)
South West Surrey
Salary up to £45,602 + £1,239 essential car user allowance per annum
+ Golden Hello – £4,000
You will have access to a range of benefits including:
- Generous annual and flexi leave allowance with Christmas office closure.
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 additional days’ annual leave.
- Enrolment to our discount scheme for local leisure centres.
- Generous pension scheme
We are looking to recruit a principal planner following the promotion of one of our Planners, to support the onward delivery of the Local Plan, which is a corporate priority, and to support the delivery of Neighbourhood Plans and other planning policy projects. The Council is committed to investing in its Planning Service.
- Do you have a full understanding and knowledge of legislation, procedures and guidance relating to planning policy matters?
- Do you want to develop your skills in Local and Neighbourhood Planning?
- Do you want to be part of an innovative team with a recently adopted strategic plan now focussed on completing Local Plan Part 2 and supporting the completion of a number of Neighbourhood Plans?
This is a senior role supporting the Policy Team in the delivery of the Local Plan and several Neighbourhood Plans. You will be required to assist in the prepration and examination of Local Plan Part 2 and will take on the lead on specific policy areas, including supervising the work of other team members. You will be a Chartered Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute, or with the ability to meet the full criteria for Chartered Membership within the probationary period. You will also be enthusiastic and eager to succeed, within challenging timescales.
We are an ambitious, dynamic and innovative local authority, proud of being one of the highest performing councils in the country. Key to our success is our commitment to team working and ongoing development of our high performing, highly engaged workforce, who all share in the delivery of the organisation’s values and corporate objectives.
The Borough of Waverley is a beautiful place, consistently rated as one of the best places in the Country to live and to work. The Borough is within easy reach of London and the south coast.
This is a full time role. However, all applications will be considered, including secondment opportunities from other local authorities.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Matthew Ellis, Team Leader (Local Plans and Planning Policy) on 01483 523297 or Graham Parrott, Planning Policy Manager on 01483 523472.
How to apply:
Closing date for applications: Monday 9 September 2019.
Interview date: Monday 16 September 2019
Please note we do not accept applications after the time given on the advert.