About the Roles
Here at Reigate & Banstead Borough Council, we require two suitably qualified and experienced people to carry out food hygiene inspections, investigations and enforcement interventions. The roles primarily involve food hygiene and infectious disease control duties, but could potentially also include health and safety at work and general public health investigation and enforcement work. We will consider applicants who are fully qualified (EHORB registered) Environmental Health Officers or Food Safety Officers who hold the Higher Certificate in Food Control.
About the Person
The successful candidates will:
• Meet current Food Standards Agency competence criteria for an authorised officer to carry out high risk food hygiene official controls;
• Good knowledge of the law around food hygiene requirements and enforcement;
• Experience of inspecting and enforcing standards in commercial food premises;
• Experience of investigating food poisoning cases and allegations, and complaints regarding food and food premises;
• Great communication skills;
• An investigative and analytical approach;
• Excellent time management skills;
• Strong IT skills and be able to produce clear reports and case records; and,
• An alignment with our organisational behaviours of being Positive, Supportive, Flexible and Innovative.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave, and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership.
For an informal discussion about the role, please call Katie Jackson, Environmental Health Manager, on 01737 276309 or Laura Webb, Environmental Health Team Leader, on 01737 276393.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
Closing date: Sunday 8th September 2019
Interview date: Tuesday 17th September 2019
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change. Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.